What will the NEW Airport Extreme work with?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sap12690, Jun 10, 2013.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I have the older Airport Extreme (2 generations Old including the one announced today) but I was wondering what this new one will work with? it says faster wifi and what not but will it immediately make wifi faster on all my devices?
    I have the following:

-iMac (2011)
    - iPad 2
    - iPad 3
    - iPhone 5 (x2)
    - iPhone 4 (x2)
    - Macbook Pro Retina
    - Apple TV (Last 2 Generation)

Will it be faster on all this devices?

Thanks

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It will take advantage if u have AC technology on your devices. So far only the MB air has this.

3. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

If one looks at the reviews of all the 802.11ac routers on the market you will notice that they significantly boost the speeds of 802.11n devices especially devices that have 3 x 3 antennae.

I would presume that if you run a primarily 802.11n setup at home you would get a nice little bump from the 801.11ac Airport Extreme and have future proofing to boot.

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I'm curious, I bought a Airport Extreme about a month ago, is there anything major that I would miss that the new Airport Extreme has? Sucks that one just updated after I bought. :(

Edit: What I mean is other than AC wifi (not too sure about that tech) and if there is a huge range improvement. Simply, for the next few years, is there anything that it has that I'll probably really need later on.

5. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

You can swap it if you bought it from Apple within 14 days. Just have your box n receipt.