iPhone X What will the next iPhone be called?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
I absolutely detest "Xs". The way it's spelled makes you want to say "ex, ess" not "ten, ess."

I think they need to call it the 11. Or maybe not number it, and call it the Pro, Air, Edition, etc.

Reactions: janeauburn

janeauburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
I absolutely detest "Xs". The way it's spelled makes you want to say "ex, ess" not "ten, ess."

I think they need to call it the 11. Or maybe not number it, and call it the Pro, Air, Edition, etc.
Yeah, it is ridiculous. I never would have guessed that it's called "ten ess"

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I imagine it will be called XI (Eleven) but at what point does it start to sound stupid?

iPhone 23?
iPhone 18S

Can it carry on like this? Or will they begin naming it like they name Mac OS. So we could have iPhones names after locations in California?

Or maybe they just start calling them ‘The New iPhone’ for each new release. That’s what I’d hope, as confusing as it may get.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
I've heard from <redacted reliable source> the next iPhone will be called Super iPhone XSS Turbo Max 2 // RE:make 2019 SE: Retribution. Now repeat that in Jony Ive's voice.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Pretty sure they will get the word Iphone Pro in the mix for their upscale phone---Really I do not care what its called, I love every Iphone made and cannot wait till Friday to fondle my XSMAXXXXXXX!!!

benjamintm

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
I hated it when they insisted on pronouncing Mac OS X as OS 10 and I hate it now even more with the S after it. It's a bad marketing gimmick play off of nostalgia.

In the end I use a text replacement plugin (Foxreplace) for my browser and add a couple rules to replace iPhone "X" with "10". It's made sites like this much easier to read.

Reactions: JohnnyQuest
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.