What will the specs on the next ipod touch be?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zblaxberg, Nov 28, 2007.

1. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Any clues as far as the advancements with hard drives as to how much of an increase the ipod touch may get? I like the 16gb one but the issue is I have just about 16gb worth of music/movies. What are the chances of the hard drive increasing and/or the price decreasing? Would one be more likely than the other? Just curious :confused:

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

bit early aint ya lol they only just released the touch a couple months ago lol

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

4. JohnMC macrumors 6502

First off, the iPod Touch uses flash memory, you are going to have to wait until memory chips increase in capacity before you will see a larger Touch. Second, no one knows the "specs" of the next iPod Touch besides maybe Jobs himself. If you know, please share. The use of the search feature may have proved helpful on this topic as it has been discussed many times before.

John

5. RyanG macrumors 6502

Why is it people continually make threads about future iPod touch's? And on top of that, expect people to know what they will have! Enjoy it now, worry about that when the time comes. It was released at the end of September, sheesh.

6. zblaxberg thread starter Guest

zblaxberg

I'm not expecting anyone to know however I don't have a good knowledge of flash memory and how it works. This is a rumor site therefore we guess and make rumors. I'm sick of people who just post about how pissed they are. Last time i checked the url is www.macrumors.com

7. rubeeen macrumors member

lol

amen.

8. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

There's talk of a 32gb zen coming later this month so the touch is going to have to match that before too long. However, its product cycle is likely linked to the iPhone and if the next gen roll-out is delayed (as rumored) then the follow-up to the touch could be delayed too.

9. Ollie1216 macrumors newbie

Ollie1216

Yeah, but do us all a big favor and do a SEARCH on your rumor. You'll find that you ain't as original as you might think :mad:

10. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Most likely will keep flash memory and just double the size of the current models. I am HOPING for some speakers on the device itself so you can share your media with friends around you instead of sharing the earbuds. Also to have better sounds for alarms.

11. APPLENEWBIE macrumors 6502a

How about a memory card slot?

Maybe the next iPod Touch will have a slot so that the memory can be upgraded as solid state memory gets cheaper... Uh... Never mind... Apple will never do that since it would limit the necessity for me (and you) to buy a new one... oh well...

12. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Can we just stop with these threads. It gets so annoying to see so many replies, making it appear at the top of the forum, on every discussiion topic, whether it be Imac, or Ipod and Itunes Discussion.

Let's think of what would make a cool feature for the next update or find another way of utilizing the Touch that others may not know of. It just seems pointless to see such topics when 'on the fence' buyers are wanting opinions and then get to see people already anticipating the next revision, which would make it seem as though it could be announced very soon.

For me, I've made my decision. There's is no swaying me this way or that on why I should get it. I just find these types of threads highly discouraging for those wanting to jump in and see what great products Apple makes and fully experience the best in portable media with all the neat features a touch screen can offer.

Just my $0.02. Have a good one guys, and enjoy your Touch. :cool:

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

Amen to that