What will you buy on Oct. 19th?

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
1,539
0
Assuming the new pb's are released, I am buying the 17" fully maxed out.

Money is no object. ;)
 

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
1,128
0
Peoria/Chicago, IL
tekmoe said:
Assuming the new pb's are released, I am buying the 17" fully maxed out.

Money is no object. ;)
Well if money was no object for me I'm buying a Dual Core Dual Processor 2.5 Ghz Power Mac with 16 GB of DDR2 RAM and a 1 TB HDD. Also the Geforce 7800 that will be announced and two 30" displays. My guess it will be nearly $25,000, but money isn't an object right? :p :D
 

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
938
0
Seattle
Josh396 said:
Well if money was no object for me I'm buying a Dual Core Dual Processor 2.5 Ghz Power Mac with 16 GB of DDR2 RAM and a 1 TB HDD. Also the Geforce 7800 that will be announced and two 30" displays. My guess it will be nearly $25,000, but money isn't an object right? :p :D
I'll take what he's having :p
 

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
2,745
0
fig tree
2 1D Mk II N's, a 24-70 2.8L, a 70-200 2.8L IS, a 16-35 2.8L, a 50 1.4, a 85 1.2L, a 400 2.8L IS, a 580ex, and a bunch of other stuff. if money was no object.
but ill probably buy a bottle of coke zero.
 

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
593
0
Chicago, IL
On Wednesdays we wear pink!

I'll probably just buy a triple venti non-fat extra-hot extra-caramel caramel machiatto, which costs almost as much as the 15" powerbook.
 

AppleSauce

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2005
7
0
California
For people where money is an object

Besides my Dr. Pepper, I hope to buy either the updated 12" powerbook or settle for the 12" IBook. :) It really depends if the updates are "wow" enough to make my checkbook go "ow!" :eek:
 

Nermal

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
18,677
1,183
New Zealand
Taking timezones into account, it'll be Thursday here, which means either a lasagne or some wedges, and either a hot or ice chocolate, depending on weather :)

Wouldn't mind a PowerBook too though :rolleyes:
 

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
2,499
1
Seattle, WA
Nermal said:
Taking timezones into account, it'll be Thursday here, which means either a lasagne or some wedges, and either a hot or ice chocolate, depending on weather :)

Wouldn't mind a PowerBook too though :rolleyes:
ice chocolate? :confused:
 

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
2,095
0
I'm calling the cops
I plan on trading in my defected PM for a new duel core PM. Also I am going to sell my X800XT for 400 bucks so I can afford to get the 7800 GTX plus a 24inch dell monitor. Hey, I guy can dream, can't he?
 

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
5,351
14
Canberra OZ
Nermal said:
Taking timezones into account, it'll be Thursday here, which means either a lasagne or some wedges, and either a hot or ice chocolate, depending on weather :)

Wouldn't mind a PowerBook too though :rolleyes:
I think I'll wait 4 hours and have breakfast given this could be a major nothing event for me (I am not in the market for PB or PM)...
 

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
4,011
312
.. London ..
homerjward said:
2 1D Mk II N's, a 24-70 2.8L, a 70-200 2.8L IS, a 16-35 2.8L, a 50 1.4, a 85 1.2L, a 400 2.8L IS, a 580ex, and a bunch of other stuff. if money was no object.
but ill probably buy a bottle of coke zero.
Translation please?

Pretty please?

With sugar frosties on top?

.. RedTomato ..
 

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
3,225
0
somewhere between here and there.
Nothing. As it would be kinds foolish knowing where Apple is heading with its core hardware situation (x86).

As a person that is my feeling, as a business, I would buy it if I really needed it. :)
 

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
2,756
0
Melbourne, Australia
I'll buy lunch, not sure what I'll have yet. I'm completely happy with my Power Mac Dual G5 1.8 GHz, and my PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz 15". I doubt I'll update until the Mactels hit Rev B.
 

thairs

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2005
49
4
I'll probably get the 15", seeing as how I've been waiting 3 months to get a powerbook, and next wednesday seems about the right time. Does anyone expect the prices to be somewhat lowered from where they are now, even though they are upgrading the hardware?
 

themacman

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
412
0
kc
im probably going to get a 15'' combo or super depending on new prices since buying hte 12'' is kinda buying a model that will be discountiuned possibly.
 

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
1,561
35
tekmoe said:
Assuming the new pb's are released, I am buying the 17" fully maxed out.

Money is no object. ;)
Wednesday in Soft Pretzel day at my office. I will have a few of those and my decaf green tea.

Yummy.

Hickman
 

RoxStrongo

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2005
171
0
Bournemouth, UK
a maxed out pm is what i have on the cards. i just hope the shipping times wont be too long as i need it now and cancelled a 2.7 on the high probability of new products.why couldnt they have been announced at paris and have saved my emotional turmoil.
 

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
1,654
0
Denver, CO
ill probably get a candy bar of some sort wednesday afternoon. the snack bar in the bldg i work in has these yummy halloween chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkins (pumpkin shape, not flavor) so theres a good chance ill get one of those. but if anyone out there would like to help out a college kid get a new apple computer (and a nice new video iPod) i wouldnt complain :)

even if i had the cash, id hold off on buying a new power anything until the intels are released. cause you know by like 10.6 or 10.7 everything will be x86 only so those with quad G5s will be out of luck on upgrades 4-5 years from now (when the quad G5s should still be pretty decent machines)
 

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
2,745
0
fig tree
RedTomato said:
Translation please?

Pretty please?

With sugar frosties on top?

.. RedTomato ..
a bunch of canon camera stuff (i have no intention of buying any of it)
coke zero is like diet coke but it tastes better