What will you buy with your $30 iTunes gift card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogdogg, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Post what you'll be buying with your $30. If you aren't sure, grab my albums listed below!

Raw Talent Mixtape, Vol. 1
    Raw Talent Mixtape, Vol. 2

2. chattermark macrumors member

What did you get your $30 gift card for? Buying a 3GS?

3. joro macrumors 68020

joro

4. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple is giving away free $30 iTunes gift cards to anyone who had to wait to activate their 3GS. Can anyone confirm they have received their $30 iTunes gift card?

5. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

I doubt that the two hour delay I had since AT&T scanned the wrong serial number doesn't count right? Heh. I would just purchase some apps/cd's that you want now and if there aren't any now, just wait for a rainy day and splurge.

6. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

The question I want to know is if I should be calling Apple to get the $30 gift card. Anybody have any advice? I didn't receive an email but bought a 3GS and would like the gift card...

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the gift card isnt just for buying the 3gs. you only get it if you had a delay activating your phone with at&t

8. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Wait. Its not like you did anything to deserve this card anyway. It took over 24-hours for my activation but in no way do I feel Apple owes me a gift card, and I am not going to call it if I don't get one. Its a launch weekend, delays are expected.

9. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

I never said I deserved one. But if they're giving them out, I might as well get one right? Has anyone had any success calling Apple and getting the gift card? I still want one. Who knows, it may get me addicted to buying stuff through iTunes. I've never spent a penny in that store so it could be a good trial opportunity for those like me. If this ended up getting me to spend money in iTunes it would be a win-win for everyone.

10. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

The question is: did you get a message telling you to wait 48 hours for your phone to be activated? Yes, or no?

11. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure of the exact message but I believe it was something to that effect. It may have said "awaiting activation, this may take some time." Irregardless, I'd still like a free gift card if they're handing them out. Again let me reiterate that I don't feel entitled to it. I simply would love to accept Apple's overly generous offer.

12. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

The message that the people (like myself) who are getting the gift cards said something to the effect of having to wait 48-hours for your phone to be activated. Then the iPhone didn't work... for 48 hours. You obviously don't fit that category, thus, no gift card.

13. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

It was an email. See the front page.

I didn't qualify for it, but if I did, I'd use it on Apps.

14. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Irregardless is not a word.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!"

15. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

Irregardless is a word. Look it up smart guy. I'm shocked that you would rant on my use of a word and be so completely wrong. Go back to school.

Instead of debating who is entitled to a gift card... What will people be buying? I'm going to splurge and spend $1 on stick wars. That game is fun.

I emailed Apple about getting a gift card. I'll let you know if they hook it up. If anyone else has success getting a gift card through other channels, let us know how. If you want to cry about other people trying to take advantage of Apple's generous offer... Please do so without making an arse of yourself like the last poster.

16. juswest macrumors regular

You only get the gift card if they sent you an email during the activation process alerting you to the 48 hour process

17. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

It's a double negative buddy, Merriam–Webster even states "Use regardless instead.

18. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Umm... you're wrong.

Regardless: Without regard.

Therefore, "irregardless": NOT without regard, or WITH regard.

"Irregardless" is a made up word that dumb people say because they think using more than 3 syllables makes them sound smart.

Check. And. Mate.

19. dbell macrumors member

And argued about by internet dip***** who understand what the person was trying to say but feel a need to point it out. Are you really so dense that you can't figure out what he/she meant?

20. rsmith83 macrumors member

I got the 48 hour email notice when trying to activate and it took them a little over 24 hours to finally email me and tell me that my phone was activated. (It also removed my family texting plan and I had to re-add that manually when everyone on my plan quit receiving texts, but that's another story!)

I didn't get a gift card. Not that I needed or deserved one, and I don't really care, but it would have been a nice surprise in my Inbox anyway. I would have spent it on Beejive and Sims 3, I think. :)

21. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

22. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Wlel, I can tpye lkie tihs and you can sltil usndrtenad waht I hvae tpeyd. If an itenrnet dsipiht is rlaely so dsene but can firuge out waht I mnaet, wolud it not siltl be a pain to raed it?