What will you do if you were me?

kimovski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Macau
Got my rmbp since august, but recently after update to 10.8.3 just lost the isight camera, it doesnt show up on hardware at system information.

Got also a perfect samsung screen, and everything is working well except the camera, but i dont use it at all and i dont need it.

For sure the whole screen needs to be replaced and im afraid would be an LG screen...

what will you do?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
How do you even know the whole screen needs to be replaced? Either way go have it fixed. If I were you I even be asking the question.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
If you have a backup of the system from before the camera stopped working you could try that. Otherwise, I would recommend getting it looked at. If it's a hardware issue, you don't know where it is and it could get worse depending on what is actually wrong.

kimovski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Macau
Try it with a clean OS, if it's still unavailable you know it is hardware.
Just install a clean OS on a USB stick (min. 8 Gb) for instance and boot from it.
Well, I tried before install a clean OS same results. My guess is a really hardware issue, looks like all here suggests to make an appointment. ;)

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
i would ask apple, THe people who created your computer, and the people whos gonna fix it again.