What will you do if you were me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimovski, May 17, 2013.

1. kimovski macrumors regular

Got my rmbp since august, but recently after update to 10.8.3 just lost the isight camera, it doesnt show up on hardware at system information.

Got also a perfect samsung screen, and everything is working well except the camera, but i dont use it at all and i dont need it.

For sure the whole screen needs to be replaced and im afraid would be an LG screen...

what will you do?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How do you even know the whole screen needs to be replaced? Either way go have it fixed. If I were you I even be asking the question.

3. Bear macrumors G3

If you have a backup of the system from before the camera stopped working you could try that. Otherwise, I would recommend getting it looked at. If it's a hardware issue, you don't know where it is and it could get worse depending on what is actually wrong.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Try it with a clean OS, if it's still unavailable you know it is hardware.
    Just install a clean OS on a USB stick (min. 8 Gb) for instance and boot from it.

5. kimovski thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I tried before install a clean OS same results. My guess is a really hardware issue, looks like all here suggests to make an appointment. ;)

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Yep, seems indeed like HW failure.

7. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

i would ask apple, THe people who created your computer, and the people whos gonna fix it again.