What will you do tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WRXiceman, Sep 16, 2014.

1. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Hi all,

As you may be aware, iOS 8 is going to be released tomorrow.
    Now, are you going to install it on your current iPhone, or wait and just use iOS 8 for the first time when you receive your iPhone 6/6 Plus?

I'm tempted to just wait as I feel like the iPhone 6 will feel even more fresher and new when I receive it.

What do you think?

2. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

My iPhone 4 can't run it, but I'll be able to play with it on my wife's 5S. At least until my 6Plus arrives Friday.

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Since my update isn't due until April, I'm gonna download iOS8 to my iPhone 5 tomorrow night.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I will download iOS 8 on my iPhone and iPad tomorrow when I get home from work. I do plan on getting 6, but I'm waiting for the SIM free model to be available via the Apple Store.

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

6. Iphoneguy20 macrumors member

7. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Already installed it a few days ago for my current phone.

Will update each of my three kids iPad minis though. want to get family sharing setup and give them their own email address. ideally at the end I'll have things more separate.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Most likely at 1pm PST tomorrow. That's at least when Apple released iOS 7 last year.

9. baummer macrumors 6502a

I still have a couple of months left in my contract. I'm eyeing a 6, but in the interim I will be installing iOS 8 on my 5. That will be sufficient time to get up to speed and learn the new features so that when I do acquire a 6, it'll be somewhat seamless. Although I may wait a little before installing iOS 8; last year I installed iOS 7 and it borked my Verizon SIM card and required replacing. Tech at the Verizon corporate store said he had seen 2 others that same day and only logical conclusion they could come up with in terms of correlation was that all phones upgraded to iOS 7.

10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Waiting. None of the features are calling out to me, and from the iOS forum it's still pretty buggy. Hopefully 8.0.1 will hit later in the week like last year.

11. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I plan on installing it on my iPad. But I'll hold off on my iPhone and just wait til the new one arrives on Friday.

12. Mac Wolf macrumors member

I'm waiting. As OP said, the 6 will feel even newer.

13. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Currently I'm without an iOS device as I wait for the iPhone 6 to be available, but if I did have one I would update it right away. I want that quick reply and custom keyboards asap.

14. cornerexit macrumors regular

Install it and test it by rubbing one out while watching pr0n.