What will you do with your Tablet?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by chris7777, Oct 14, 2009.

1. chris7777 macrumors 6502

I have been researching a bit recently since my laptops hard drive died, and made me realize how much I use it.

I was thinking about how handhelds and netbooks are growing more sophisticated, and with all of the rumors about the tablet, I thought what would I use it for?

it depends obviouslly, on several factors.

OS and how robust it is.
    And whether it is OSX or iphone on steroids.

battery life. and whether it can go a full day.

connectivity. I use a wacom, I am not sure if touch screen could get that kind of detail, but who knows.

Size, is it big enough to be useful? but not so big I won't carry it.

and value in the price.

I know what my dreammachine is, but doubt that will happen till I have the money to have one of those made for me.

But I can think of lots of things, I would use it for, if it has the capability.

I could even switch totally to one I think, but not sure if we will get that.

But anyway, I am curious, if it is capable, what would you do with your tablet , if you could?

or what do you think would make for a better mobile device?

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Its hard to say, as I imagine the apple tablet will redefine what we think of tablet computing completely. I think its going to be the ultimate on the go device (obviously) but I can't even imagine how I would use it until I see it.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance I'll get one regardless of what it ends up being.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Given that I have no idea what the device looks like, costs or does. I have no clue.

4. CrazyIllini macrumors member

I picture a Apple tablet to be something like the Archos devices.

That being said I would primarily use it for watching movies. At its size it might be good for studying (I'm a student) or web browsing. I could also see potential as it being a gaming device.

5. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

All depends on what it is, will it be a big iPod or a new type of Notebook? I don't think we'll know until launch.

6. pmcb macrumors member

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hopefully you'll wash your hands. Brown smudges might ruin the :apple: chic

8. iOrlando macrumors 68000

havent used my hard drive in 6 months. (although i did play call of duty 4 last week)

9. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Fixed this for you. ;)

10. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

First im going to check if the warranty is voided if I spill beef fat on it. I'll report with my findings.