What will you do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnator, Feb 11, 2008.

  1. Macnator macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #1
    Will you either:

    1. Sell your existing MBP and buy the new one
    2. Be happy with your current MBP (if you have one)
    3. Buy one regardless

    So what will it be everyone?
     
  2. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #2
    i have a dead pixel, so depending on the update i might buy one, but im paying for a lot of other stuff right now, so only if i can get a really good price on ebay for this one
     
  3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Location:
    Las Vegas, NV
    #3
    I don't have a MBP right now so I just that put's me in #3 ;)
     
  4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

    markrivers

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    Valencia, California
  5. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #5
    im totally in a rut here.... i just bought a MBP on saturday.......... well my mom did :D for me. We got it on sale... but If the new ones come out soon..... maybe I should ask her to return it and get the new one. BTW where we purchased it, they will take back your computer & just give you another one of your choice....... no questions.. just pay the difference...... I think I may have to ask to get one of the new ones!
     
  6. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #6
    well, dont return it unless they actually come out, i know a lot of people think they will, but quite a few of us think they will wait a while because theres not much to update on it right now
     
  7. sushi Moderator emeritus

    sushi

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2002
    Location:
    キャンプスワ&#
    #8
    Me, I use my computers until they die! :)

    So option 2 would be for me. Although, right now I still use a PB15.
     
  8. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #9
    personally...... I don't know what to do.... so frustrating........
     
  9. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #10
    hhmmmmm.... I guess no one is planning on doing anything:eek: :confused:
     
  10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #11
    Option 2 for me. I just got it in mid January and its great. It will still do everything I need it for even if Apple updates tomorrow.
     
  11. Watabou macrumors 68040

    Watabou

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Location:
    United States
    #12
    3. This will be my first mac and i need a computer fast. The on;y reason i'm not buying an imac is that i'm recently in love with macbook pro.
     
  12. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

    skyrider007

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Location:
    Bangkok
  13. tremendous macrumors 6502

    tremendous

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    Location:
    UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.
    #14
    how very ungrateful. I bet you'll even make your mom pay the difference, right? kids these days...
     
  14. mojopixel macrumors 6502

    mojopixel

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Location:
    Somewhere in Time
    #15
    I think that if your Mother was nice enough to buy you a £1599 computer then you should be grateful for it. Even if a new version comes out tomorrow you still have one kick-ass machine to use
     
  15. deniser macrumors 6502

    deniser

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Location:
    Cornwall, England
    #16
    Wish my Mum would buy me one she's 71 and I'm 41, :D
     
  16. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
    #17
    I know I am very grateful that my mom bought me one... I was suprised she even wanted to.... the only reason she did was because it was on sale for $1999.99 CND regular $2199.99.. plus we returned a BlackBook for this... so yes I am very grateful.
     
  17. rsm5068 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
  18. agojes macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    Location:
    Indonesia
    #19
    3.
    Sold my PB G4 15" and awaiting for the new MBP.
     
  19. tremendous macrumors 6502

    tremendous

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    Location:
    UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.
    #20
    ah, you're one of those...
     
  20. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Location:
    Memphis, TN
    #21
    Well, that all depends! If it comes out before the end of February, then I'll be a #3 and be buying my first MBP.

    However, if not, I'll probably by a refurb and have it until the new MBP is released, then I'll be a #2 and sell the refurb to get the new.

    But, then again, who knows what will ACTUALLY happen.
     

Share This Page