What wireless keyboard-mouse kit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dandymac, Feb 5, 2014.

1. dandymac macrumors newbie

dandymac

Hi,
    I need to buy a wireless keyboard+mouse kit. It's important that is compatible, especially the multimedia keys (that I use with Spotify).

I like the Logitech MK520 but Logitech says that it's only compatible with Windows (here in specifications), and on the web some reviews say that some keys (function/multimedia) will not work.

Someone can confirm? Some advices?

2. JonasCalhoun macrumors member

Is there any reason not to use the Apple wireless keyboard + trackpad/magic mouse?

Just wondering, I use a couple different keyboards throughout the work week, and I seem to always enjoy the Apple keyboard the most.

3. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I would ask the same thing. What isn't the Apple combo doing for you that a 3rd party may offer?

I am replacing all of my Apple BT keyboards with the Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyboard K811. It offers a backlight, better feel and up to 3 profiles, and superb battery life.

It is more expensive though.

As for mice, I've never liked the magic mouse. I've used various Logitech mice and the MX Anywhere, Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631, and Performance Mouse MX, are my favorites.

4. dandymac thread starter macrumors newbie

dandymac

Thanks for answer,
    I'm not considering official Apple kit because it costs too much for my budget.
    I want to spend around 30€/40$ for mouse and keyboard.
    Then I saw that Logitech MK520 that seems good but maybe not compatible with Mac.

5. JAT, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

JAT macrumors 603

I am typing on the K800, which looks exactly like the MK520, except mine has a backlight. The play functions work (on all apps I've tried), and so does the sleep button, but other stuff does not. Oh, volume does work.

6. dandymac thread starter macrumors newbie

dandymac

Good to hear this. Then you say that play/pause/next/prev/volume up/down works?
    What is the other stuff that doesn't work?

7. JAT macrumors 603

Email, web, etc app buttons. I'm not sure what all is on there, I'm at work right now, and I seldom use them myself. You can see them in the manual for the keyboards, the web pages don't seem to list all the buttons.

8. oldhifi macrumors 65816

oldhifi