what wireless presenter with leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fyrmedic, Mar 2, 2008.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

Just wanted to know what wireless presenter the forum members are using with leopard. I had an old kensington presenter that now crashes my powerbook g4 every time I plug in the usb dongle since I upgraded to leopard.

so what are you folks using... any recommendations?

2. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Yes, I use the new Kensington 33374 Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer ($48 at Amazon.com) and it works very well. :)

I've been out presenting with a Mac since September, after eight years of using a PC and 11 years of using PowerPoint and I love it! :D

3. rswc90 macrumors newbie

So, I now have a question, then! I love the presenter view when I am presenting -- the problem is that I also use a wireless "presenter" to click through the slides. All is great until I move the cursor away from the right "forward" box with the arrow. Then, my slides click through one slide at a time -- NOT one click (line) at a time. Is there a setting I am missing?

Here's the scene for clarification: I am across the room from the laptop that is wired to the LCD projector. I am in the middle of my ppt & I have a slide that actually has 4 clicks in it. On click #2, I have a link where I need to find the cursor (with my wireless presenter) and click on the hypertext link to
    go live to the internet. Once I have done that, I close the internet
    by clicking on the 'x' in the upper left corner & I end up back at the
    'normal' view of ppt -- I click on the slide, and it returns me to the
    ppt slide where I was. (Many steps -- I know -- maybe there's a
    shortcut?!) now, if I do not return the cursor to the upper rt corner
    & place it in the box with the forward arrow, when I click the
    wireless presenter, I go to the next slide rather than to the next
    line.

Is that clear as mud?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

4. rswc90 macrumors newbie

I use an A4Tech -- but have also used Logitech & both work well w/ leopard.

5. chatoyer macrumors regular

Have two Kensington presenters (older one takes a flat battery; newer one takes two, I think, AAA). Both work fine. I almost prefer the older one as it is thinner.

Older one

Newer one

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The little white Apple remote will work to control presentations in Keynote, FYI. I use it quite frequently. No cursor control, but it'll do the forward/back thing. And hitting the Menu button will bring up a list of slides so you can skip way forward or back without going through each individual slide.

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I'm rather partial to using Salling Clicker and a Bluetooth device such as your cellphone :D It's actually quite effective.

8. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'm waiting for the day it supports the iPhone (or for the day the iPhone supports Salling Clicker).

9. bgallant macrumors newbie

I have the same device and I'm having trouble with it. I use it all the time with my Windows machine, but it's never worked for me on my Mac. I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.5 (Intel Core 2 Duo).

When I plugged it in, it "recognized" it as an unrecognizable keyboard and asked me to press the key beside the shift keys etc... same as a wireless keyboard. I pressed some of the buttons and now every time I plug it in, the left arrow button is "refresh", the right arrow button is "back" and the stop / go to black button types the letter "b".

Any suggestions? I spent about 2 hours searching for a website for help but found nothing. Thanks for any help you may offer!

10. Sherri Betz macrumors newbie

Thanks Xray Doc!

This is brilliant! I was in a panic because I had lost mine and needed it for an important week of presentations and it's Sunday night and my flight leaves tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for this brilliant suggestion! It works perfectly and we tested it up to 30 feet!

Thanks again Xray Doc!

Sherri Betz

11. dburks, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

dburks macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Does anyone have an answer for this?? Using Kensington 33374 Presenter Laser Pointer