What Wireless printer would you recommend for a MacPro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tobasco27, Sep 9, 2011.

1. tobasco27 macrumors member

I've got a HP Photosmart Premium wireless printer that hasn't worked all that well since we got our Mac. I'm not sure if it's a connectivity read issue, or if the computer is just on the fritz. It's connected to an Apple TimeCapsule which is positioned right next to the printer, so signal strength is excellent.

I'll try to print something (document,, photo, etc.) and it will print out only a portion of the content and then stop printing and spit out the paper. If anyone knows what the heck that might mean, let me know! :)

Assuming it's just a bad printer, what would you recommend as the best wireless printer to use with a MacPro. Primary use would be for normal document printing and photo's.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

2. Meetster macrumors member

i personally use a HP officejet 8500A + whoch works fine with apple products i have (MBP, iPhone, iPad) and Win7 Desktops. over wireless.

:) there are even cashback promotions going on :)

3. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I have an HP that has ePrint, Photosmart D110 series (can't remember the exact number). It actually has worked better with the MBP than it worked with my old laptop. I LOVE the ePrint feature, it works seamlessly with my iPhone and connects to my wireless router very easily as well. I really like it!

4. d0ster macrumors regular

That's odd. I have the same printer and haven't had any issues. Except for when I first got it, I installed software from the disc HP provided and was having issues connecting and printing sporadically. After doing a clean install to Lion, I did not install any software from the disc and now it works like a dream.

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I have a Canon MX870 and it works flawlessly with PC, laptop, iPhone4 and iPad2. Tossed the HP printers (had 2) when the cost of ink was more than buying a new printer.

Canon has 5 cartridges, but you only replace each when empty at $10-12 each. Have been running my Canon for several months and replaced the black and a blue one. By now, a couple others are running low, but there's a graphic that pops up with each print to tell you how much is left. Ordering the cartridges online is a tremendous savings over HP cartridges.

Plus, the wireless has never given me a problem, as compared to my HP printers.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

The HP eStation with Android Zeen tablet are $169 here in Toronto. You get a AirPrint compatible printer and yet another fairly useless HP Tablet.
    [​IMG]

7. VABuckeye macrumors newbie

I'm using a HP LaserJet CP1525nw color. It works perfectly with every device in the house. Two MacBook Pros, iPhones, iPad and several Windows machines.

8. Gillespie81 macrumors regular

I have hp eprint 3110 or something like that. I have some problems with the wireless print sometimes but its my routers fault. I go thru ink alot but my kids use the craft apps alot so thats why. All in all is a good printer it was 200 and i got it for 139 at best buy.

9. LadyK8 macrumors member

LadyK8

I have an Epson Stylus NX420. Really great printer, scanner, copier, and the setup with the MBP took a few clicks of my mouse. :)