What wireless router will work with PPC 10.4.11? And..

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RMT25, Aug 3, 2012.

1. RMT25 macrumors member

Right now, I have a Westell model 6100 ethernet modem connected to my Powerpc G4 eMac running 10.4.11, connected via the ethernet cord

I have a playstation 3 downstairs that I want to connect to the internet wirelessly

internet connection is 1 Mbps (128 kb/s)

My eMac doesn't have AirPort and I don't want to buy unless it is absolutely necessary

-Can I get a wireless router, connect to my eMac using the ethernet cord, and use the WiFi to connect to the PS3??

-What wireless router will work for a 10.4.11 powerpc mac? i need one that doesn't have any CD software as my CD player is broken/unusable.

Thank you in advance.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a Linksys WRT54GL that is connected via ethernet cable to my switch (which is connected to my router). I have DHCP disabled (because my wired router already provides that) and it supplies the wireless network for my home. It has ethernet ports on the back (4 I think) so you can plug into it and also have wireless as well. Our Wii connects wirelessly to it, if that helps you any.

3. RMT25 thread starter macrumors member

got it

Just bought a year 2004 wireless router at a yard sale for 10 bucks!

MyEssentials (Belkin) Wireless G Router

worked perfectly :)

4. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

My older model AirPort Extreme works fine with 10.4.11 and the required software "Airport Utility" is part of the Operating system and upgradeable via software update.

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

We have always had cheap thompson routers and the all work fine.