What workout when doing weight lifting?

ribbon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Hi everyone,

The title speaks for itself: when I go to the gym I usually do some cardio (elliptical, rowing machine, treadmill, etc.), for which I select the corresponding type of exercise in the AW. What should I select when I'm doing weight lifting? I read that there's supposed to be a "strength training" but I can't find it in the list of options. Should I just select "Others"?

Also, when I combine exercises, the way I'm doing it now is:

1. Start exercise (e.g. indoor running).
2. Stop exercise
3. Select a different exercise
4. Stop.

What's the difference between this and selecting another exercise without stoppping the previous one?

pasadena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Seattle, WA
Select Others. At the end of the workout, it allows you to rename it. Then you can choose Strength Training. After that, you'll have a Strength Training entry available in the workout list.

Reactions: ZebraDude

Bob190

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2015
I would try a 3rd party app called Gymatic. It tracks all of your weight lifting, it automatically identifies each exercise (after you train it) and records the reps, etc. It also writes the workout data to the activity app and Apple Health.

ejfontenot

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2008
Texas
I use Gymaholic. By far my favorite workout app. Let's me build custom workouts and then move from exercise to exercise. I love it. Been using it for almost 2 years now.