What would anyone camp out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ShagBD, Sep 18, 2015.

1. ShagBD macrumors newbie

Why the _____ would anyone camp out?
    On the 15th I casually called Verizon around 9amish
    Ordered a 64gb Rose Gold and a 128gb space grey and was given a ship date of the 25th
    Easy.
    So why do people camp out for days in line when it's that simple?

2. jwintermoyer macrumors newbie

Because they can. lol. Some people just think they have to be first.

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Some people get paid a good amount of money to do it. Some do it for the thrills.

4. cmjars macrumors 6502

It's Fun and you meet interesting people. It's like family for a day then you never see them again :)

5. eyedoc2020 macrumors regular

I like sleep. I also like preordering and sitting on my couch waiting for UPS better than sitting/standing in line.

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Camping isn't bad at all and some people find that interesting. I camped out for the 5S and it was a great experience. Met some great people who share the similar interests as you. However I would never do it again, it still is a cool experience.

7. marcococo macrumors regular

marcococo

8. techiebug macrumors 6502a

In my area people start camping out around Thursday afternoon. even earlier since when they saw them in the afternoon, there was already a long line. I can't imagine myself staying at 1 place for hours.

Here's the thing. If you hold your phone at the shipping center, you can pick it up early in the morning Friday and be one of the first getting the phone without waiting at all

9. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

It used to be fun when it was the only way to get an iPhone on release day. Now it's just scalpers and homeless people who don't even care about the phone. Really, there is no need when you can pre-order.