What would be a cool concept for a Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TSE, Sep 4, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I had a top of the line Tablet PC for a really short time, a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad X60t and I loved to use the touch screen while on the couch to browse the web and such. It was a lot easier to use than a keyboard.

However, it was still somewhat inconvenient because of the thickness. I notice a lot of the tablet laptop PCs are THICK.

Why doesn't a computer manufacturer design a tablet laptop PC where all the innards are built into the screen, so that if you want to use it as a laptop you can, and when you want to use it as a tablet you simply disconnect the screen from the keyboard?

Just wondering what you guys might see wrong with this? Should I get my patent lawyer out right now? :p

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Ever heard of the HP TC1100 Tablet PC? Old by today's standard but it was built in the exact manner you stated above! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used to have one as my work laptop/pc & I loved using the thing back in the day. :cool:

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Interesting idea, isn't that a bit like what that touchscreen iMac was that Apple patented the design for a while ago - you could move the screen and it could switch from OS X to iOS4, apparently.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago