What would be a cool concept for a Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TSE, Sep 4, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2007
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I had a top of the line Tablet PC for a really short time, a Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad X60t and I loved to use the touch screen while on the couch to browse the web and such. It was a lot easier to use than a keyboard.

However, it was still somewhat inconvenient because of the thickness. I notice a lot of the tablet laptop PCs are THICK.

Why doesn't a computer manufacturer design a tablet laptop PC where all the innards are built into the screen, so that if you want to use it as a laptop you can, and when you want to use it as a tablet you simply disconnect the screen from the keyboard?

Just wondering what you guys might see wrong with this? Should I get my patent lawyer out right now? :p
  2. ChazUK macrumors 603

Feb 3, 2008
    Essex (UK)
    Ever heard of the HP TC1100 Tablet PC? Old by today's standard but it was built in the exact manner you stated above! :D

I used to have one as my work laptop/pc & I loved using the thing back in the day. :cool:
  3. R94N macrumors 68020

May 30, 2010
    Interesting idea, isn't that a bit like what that touchscreen iMac was that Apple patented the design for a while ago - you could move the screen and it could switch from OS X to iOS4, apparently.
  4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

Jun 9, 2007
    First university coding class = 46 years ago