iPhone 5 or earlier What would be a good iPhone holder in cars?

levmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
The problem with the ones that attaches to the vent is that in winter the hot air is blowing directly at it and making it overheat.

What would be a good solution for winter?

Reactions: d.o.p. and ACB 123

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I have always used brodit holders, now i have CarPlay i don't bother, just plug in and put in console.

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
To be honest I thought pop sockets and their mounts were dumb till I tried it. Simple and effective.

staggerlee41

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I use the Kenu Airbase Pro and it's been great, holds my 8+ with no problem. Kenu suggests washing it with mild soap to clean the gel pad but I found what I had to leave too much residue behind. I solved that simply by using alcohol instead. Also Kenu stands behind their product I had that problem with mine, contacted Kenu and they sent me another one after I provided them with my receipt.

Last edited:

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I was on the hunt for one that was cheap, can hold a heavy phone like my Max, & didn’t have to open/close to hold/release the phone.

Found one by Floveme on Amazon. Holds the max perfect. Just put the phone on the magnet holder and done.

Attachments

compwiz1202

macrumors 65832
May 20, 2010
I like my CD mount one. But only works if you have a CD drive you don't use. I also dislike the vent ones, but because it will fall off sometimes and won't stay stable. Dashboard ones are ok but you need to be aware of state laws about things blocking your view.

levmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
I was on the hunt for one that was cheap, can hold a heavy phone like my Max, & didn’t have to open/close to hold/release the phone.

Found one by Floveme on Amazon. Holds the max perfect. Just put the phone on the magnet holder and done.

Do you need a case with magnet in order to be able to use that?

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
the cell phone accessories section of stores like Big Lots, Menards, Marshalls, Burlington coat factory, Ross, etc

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Do you need a case with magnet in order to be able to use that?
You need the metal plate it comes with. I have the metal plate placed in my phone case. I have a Spigen Liquid Armor case.

The metal plate is adhesive so you could just attach it to the phone without using a case if you wanted to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.