Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter95

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
So the question goes for the current MacBook pro base model.
For the current technology these days, what will be a fair price for the current base model MBP?

Let's say the new ones are already out by now.... Curious to know since there are some nice deals for a used, almost like new condition mpb for sale these days...

Peter95

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Sorry guys, I meant it for the current mbp not the new one that will be coming out....

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I'd say around 800-900 would be a decent enough price for the current basic 13". So basically I think it has something like 20-30 % "bloat" in its price.

Peter95

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Lol let me rephrase....

Considering the technology these days, many people agree that the current base model mbp for $1200 is a bit too much for today....
A while ago it was ok, but with the new intel chips, the C2D shouldn't cost as much as it was before...

Now, considering these facts, how much should be considered a good price for the current mbp.

Peter95

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
I'd say around 800-900 would be a decent enough price for the current basic 13". So basically I think it has something like 20-30 % "bloat" in its price.

First good answer yet... Thanks...!

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
Considering the technology these days
Doesn't Matter, that computer is a very good one which works very well, whether it's old or new it works and its pretty fast now, Apple would never sell it for less since it has a pretty good quality, you're wasting your time saying what would be the fair price since 1199$ sounds pretty fair to me, it's a good quality computer, i wouldn't mind paying 800$ and you proly get the same specs in the PC world for 600$ but 1199$ is fair
No, i don't own or just bought one of those "old" computers, waiting for the new one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.