What would be considered a fair price

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peter95, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Peter95 macrumors member

So the question goes for the current MacBook pro base model.
    For the current technology these days, what will be a fair price for the current base model MBP?

Let's say the new ones are already out by now.... Curious to know since there are some nice deals for a used, almost like new condition mpb for sale these days...

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The list price is the fair price for a new model.

3. icec0ld macrumors member

4. Peter95 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry guys, I meant it for the current mbp not the new one that will be coming out....

5. farmermac macrumors 6502a

6. zipa macrumors 65816

I'd say around 800-900 would be a decent enough price for the current basic 13". So basically I think it has something like 20-30 % "bloat" in its price.

7. Peter95 thread starter macrumors member

Lol let me rephrase....

Considering the technology these days, many people agree that the current base model mbp for $1200 is a bit too much for today....
    A while ago it was ok, but with the new intel chips, the C2D shouldn't cost as much as it was before...

Now, considering these facts, how much should be considered a good price for the current mbp.

8. Peter95 thread starter macrumors member

First good answer yet... Thanks...!

9. etiger13 macrumors member

I'm confused. Are you asking how much a MBP should go for at the Apple Store, or are you asking how much it should go for in a private party used sale?

10. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Doesn't Matter, that computer is a very good one which works very well, whether it's old or new it works and its pretty fast now, Apple would never sell it for less since it has a pretty good quality, you're wasting your time saying what would be the fair price since 1199$ sounds pretty fair to me, it's a good quality computer, i wouldn't mind paying 800$ and you proly get the same specs in the PC world for 600$ but 1199$ is fair
    No, i don't own or just bought one of those "old" computers, waiting for the new one

11. dndandrea macrumors 6502

a FAIR price on the macbook pros? knock off $250 on each model and i'd say it's fair.