What would be the best program to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc0481, May 29, 2007.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

I am in dire need of some guidance. My wife's great uncle just past away and they used a windows laptop for a slideshow but just for photos no music with it. I have a lot of options should I use keynote and export it to a quicktime movie, use iphoto and burn using idvd? Maybe I should just use imovie 6 and then use idvd? Or maybe a combination of iphoto, imovie and idvd?? I want know what would be the best to use if I just have photos or a combination of photo and video. I would like it to be heartwarming or for a joyous occasion. For example a wedding or a funeral. I would like for people to come up to me and say that was a really nice slideshow/presentation. Just need your help on what would be the best route. Thank you

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

iPhoto does a pretty nice slideshow and you can set it to music. Windows isn't brilliant for this kind of thing.

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Easiest route is to do it in iPhoto and export it to a video- very easy to do. If you want more control you can drag all of the photos into iMovie and then adjust all the transition effects yourself. This takes more time but can produce a nice product.

Really sounds like iPhoto would be your best bet here though.

4. cube macrumors G4

I would say try Premiere Elements for photo+video, and FotoMagico for only photos (the new Pro version outputs HD).

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Is that as easy as iPhoto?

Also you have to buy it too.

6. cube macrumors G4

You can try out FotoMagico for free. I have bought it but I haven't used it yet.

7. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

You can use iPhoto to make a great slideshow. Export it as .mov, or something similar, and then import it to iMovie, and split the photo slideshow and add in movie clips. Add music in iMovie instead so that you can adjust ducking the volume during movie clips if you want to hear the audio of the movie, then bring the volume back up for the photos again.

I've done it, exported that to iDVD, and made menus, etc. Not too hard to figure out.

do a short test run, to get everything figured out, then do the whole thing.

Best,

Brian