Carrier What would be the best way to go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitssusan, Feb 10, 2014.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I currently have an iPhone 5 on prepaid right now with Virgin Mobile.. it's alright, but I can't stand the data speeds. I get 1x in so many places and it's ridiculous. Luckily, it's a no contract plan so I can back out at any time.

That being said, when I do decide to make the switch, what would be the best way to go? Should I go prepaid again, or actually sign into a 2 year contract?! The only thing is that I can't switch carriers if I don't like it if I sign a contract, and I'll be stuck with it for two years.

I know Verizon has that new single line plan for $60 with 1 GB of data.. I get great coverage from Verizon and AT&T in my area (based on people I know that have it) so either one is good, it's just the prices of the plans and the contract aspect. The new AT&T plan with 10GB is a good deal, but it wouldn't do me any good because I just need a simple single line plan and don't have a family where I would need to add on four lines to my account.

Prepaid is nice now because although you pay for the phone outright, you get cheaper plans that end up saving you money in the long run. I'm thinking about getting an unlocked iPhone and getting the AT&T SIM from Straight Talk for $45 cause apparently it has LTE and feeds off of AT&T's main towers..

So I'm torn right now and doing as much research as I can, but I still don't know which route to go. I know there are advantages and disadvantages from both, but what is the best way to go?! :confused:

2. Apple Trees macrumors 6502

If you want to remain prepaid then get the unlocked iPhone and use Straight Talk.

If you want to go postpaid and don't want to pay for you iPhone outright then go to Verizon.

Either one would be a vast improvement over Virgin Mobile (Sprint).

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'd say if T-Mobile has good coverage in your area, they have great data speeds. I'm on the unlimited. It's $70 but totally worth it.