General What would be the best way to upload documents to servers from iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jantelagen, May 29, 2013.

1. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

I know you can upload pictures from Mobile Safari since iOS 6, but I'm looking for an app or possibly several apps and a workflow for them that lets me work on a document in Pages and then import it to an app with a rudimentary file system, and then upload it that way to my school's server.

Is it possible? If it's any help, my school uses It's Learning.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I use iStorage app ... it can connect to various Cloud Accounts like Drive,Dropbox,etc and also custom ones like ftp,sftp,smb, etc.

You can share file from Pages into this and then just copy paste into the remote server you have defined in iStorage.

You will need to find out the server connectivity option at your school like ftp/sftp ?!?

3. Jantelagen thread starter macrumors regular

Jantelagen

Thanks! I don't know if FTP uploads are even possible... When I go to the site and try to upload via my Mac, the link is in the form of blablabla/File/UploadFile.aspx?OpenerAction=AddFileToFileList&Multiple=1&Type=1&UseTempTable=1, and on the desktop it opens a drop down menu where I can specify the file through Finder. It seems to be Javascript based.