iPad Pro What would be the most optimal combo?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by instalgen2, Jun 28, 2017.

?

64 GB Cellular or 256 Wi-Fi /// Keyboard or Pencil

1. 64 GB Cellular

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. 256 GB Wi-Fi

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Keyboard

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Pencil

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. instalgen2 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I decided on getting the new 10.5 iPad Pro, however I'm not sure which config to pick. I'm concidering the choice between 64 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular and a 256 Wi-Fi only models. Also, I'm not sure whether to get the Smart Keyboard or a Pencil + a regular smart cover.

First of all, since my work consists mostly of writing, I need the functionality of a full Office suite and I'm used to working on multiple monitors, the iPad will be more of a entertainment / supplementary device than a full laptop replacement.

Use cases:

- general browsing and communication;
    - reading / annotating PDFs;
    - taking notes while in meetings and courses;
    - personal journaling;
    - personal banking/investments;
    - Netflix / YT;
    - reading comics;
    - playing Hearthstone;

I'm kind of leaning towards the cellular version since where I live, I can get 40 GB LTE for ~ 7 USD per month, but even though I stream most of the multimedia stuff and use cloud storage for documents, I'm still a little bit afraid of having only 64 GB of offline storage for the next 3-4 years that I plan on using this iPad for. I have access to fast Wi-Fi pretty much everywhere during the business days but I ofted travel to the countryside during the weekends and it would be a great benefit if I wouldn't have to rely on tethering. On the other hand, a 256 GB cellular model feels too expensive if I factor in the additional costs of accessories and it's intended purpose.

What storage options do you guys have and how much of it do you use?

Secondly, if you had to choose between an ASK or a Pencil what would it be?

I like the fact that the keyboard is also a cover (despite the bulk) but since most of my longer writing is done on a PC I'm not sure if it is worth it and if a Pencil would be more convenient for quick notes? If you are a person who is used to taking handwritten notes do you find the Pencil not horrible?

Also, I've heard that the Smart Cover on the 9.7 Pro didn't really fit well. Is the same with the 10.5?

Thanks in advance for all the tips, and sorry for any linguistic errors.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you write along get the keyboard, it doesn't sound like you have a need for the pencil.

How often will you be using the iPad,where there will be no wifi? If the tablet will be used primarily at home, office, and hotels, or starbucks, then why pay for a feature that won't be fully used.

The storage question is a bit more complicated, for me, I knew my needs were rather humble so I opted for the 64GB, but if you're not totally sure, you get quadruple the storage for a 100 dollars, I'd say get the 256GB and have the peace of mind you have plenty of storage for now and the future.