What would happen if i returned black iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blasius01, Jun 18, 2010.

1. blasius01 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been covered (couldn't find any relating topics) If i buy a black on launch day and return it say 2 weeks later if the white one comes out, what would happen??? could i still get the white for 199/299 or would i lose my upgrade?? 10% restocking fee??

Thanks so much

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you want the white one, then buy the white one. It's called delayed gratification, be a big boy and learn it.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Which is exactly why I decided to wait, because delayed gratifaction > instant gratification.

That and many people will call you many names for doing so. I think Apple is expecting people will do this and might forbid it. I really hope they do. No offense, but I don't think people should take up the black preorders and reserves only to take up what little white phones there will be when it comes out by exchanging it!

4. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Ya, I think its cheap to buy a black one just so can return it for a white one thus taking a phone from a person that would be happy with a black phone. Not peoples fault there is no white and your hurting people like us rather doing anything to att or apple. Cracks me up that some people think its a god given right to have something regardless the effect it has on others.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Harsh (from a fellow Stump Townonian). At least he isn't inventing cracks, light leak, or dust issues.

Some folks change their mind and others play the system. Apple's and AT&T's return policies determine what can (not should) be done, so my advice to the OP is to call both companies to get the answer to your question.

[Edit] After reading the responses I think what bothers me more are folks who buy them to turn around and sell them at a profit. I hate to argue with someone making an honest buck but I think that has more of an impact on availability. However, this is the first delayed launch of a model so we'll see what happens. At least the black one will go into the replacement stock and find a good home! :)

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Why go through the hassle of having to return it and pay the restocking fee?

8. blasius01 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks pnutts .... I have a reservation already. I might really like the black Iphone, to me it looks really classy but there is something i like about the white as well, so who know what i will do. It might be best to stay with black to avoid a huge mess.

Just seeing if anyone has ever taken back an iphone and lost their upgrade... Im sure im not the only one that thought of this

9. nozebleed macrumors 6502

Im getting the 32 black to hold me over until the release of the 32 white, then im going to sell the unlocked 32 black for a hefty profit on ebay and get what i really wanted. instant gratification and delayed gratification all rolled into one month.

those that are bothered by buying and selling, i dont have the stupidity to turn down 400 bucks on anything.

10. Stankonia macrumors regular

11. nozebleed macrumors 6502

LOL

12. anitrajw macrumors regular

If you want white wait for white, there's no telling when white will be available so if you buy the black you don't know when or if you'll be able to return it. I wanted white as well but honestly at the end of the day it's still an iPhone and i'd buy it if only brown were an option.

13. japresl macrumors member

How about you just wait and allow people that really want or need a new phone AKA black to have it instead of being so selfish.

14. nozebleed macrumors 6502

LOL

15. diabolic macrumors 68000

I don't think we'll be seeing the white available just a couple of weeks later. It seems obvious that there are some production issues with them. I wouldn't be shocked if they're not available until late July or even August.

16. JoeC2k6 macrumors member

im selfish and will return the black for white if available on launch day.

17. scootaru macrumors 6502

This is a better idea than exchanging if there is a restocking fee and you don't mind the work involvled in selling the phone. Just buy a no-contract white phone and sell your black one.