What would happen in this scenario?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amitface, Jun 22, 2007.

1. amitface macrumors regular

I'm curious.. I ordered a Macbook Pro and it should be here next week. I also got the free iPod and printer, which I'll mail the rebates in for. I've received both already, and have opened the iPod.

Now let's just say something happens and I want to return the computer within the 14 day period. Then of course I won't get my money back for the printer or iPod, so I'll have spent 300 dollars I did not intend on spending. Would I be able to return these any of these items along with the computer?

This is a worst case scenario. I don't intend to return the MBP, but crazy things happen.. and the only reason I got the iPod and printer was because they were free.

2. mikehokie macrumors regular

What you could do is send in the rebate for both the printer and iPod. Which just requires the shipping information paper that comes with the MacBook Pro. Then once you receive the rebate which should be in the next few days after receiving the MacBook Pro you can then send in the computer if needed. So all you have to do is make sure you get the rebates in before the 14 days (I actually think if you go to the Apple Store you could get it turned in as long as it is within the 90 day warranty).

Hope that helps

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

You have to send in the UPCs from the MBP and iPod, according to the iPod rebate form here: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...A1545&node=home/campaigns/back_to_school_2007

Apple will not take your return if that UPC label is cut out. Period. No store will, because they know that means you've sent in the UPC label for a rebate. So, if you think you might return the MBP, don't send in the rebate until after your 14 days are up. And if you do want to return the MBP, return the iPod and printer as well.