Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i'd buy one, but if the situation were sort of reversed as far as teh "traditional tablet" most tablets (at least that i know of) are very small, xga screen, no optical drive, underpowered, 1.8" hdd, etc. if someone made one that was a reasonable sized 15" notebook (somewhere between 15" pb and dell i6000) with optical, 2.5" drive, full pentium m ie not low-voltage crap, basically a full size laptop + touch-sensitive screen. swiveling isn't really a big deal to me since i honestly wouldnt need to use it on the run or anything--just at my desk or on my lap lol. i guess i'd just like it if someone would make a real laptop with a tabletish screen. oh, and high-res screen, wsxga+ or wuxga. :)

and speaking of high-res screens, how long before someone comes out with a wquxga lappy screen (2560x1600) if it was 18 or 19" wouldnt that be about the same density as a 1920x 15.4" screen?

advocate

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
homerjward said:
and speaking of high-res screens, how long before someone comes out with a wquxga lappy screen (2560x1600) if it was 18 or 19" wouldnt that be about the same density as a 1920x 15.4" screen?
What the heck are you going to do with a 19" laptop except leave it on top of your desk? :eek:

ozone

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Ontario, Canada
homerjward said:
i'd buy one, but if the situation were sort of reversed as far as teh "traditional tablet" most tablets (at least that i know of) are very small, xga screen, no optical drive, underpowered, 1.8" hdd, etc. if someone made one that was a reasonable sized 15" notebook (somewhere between 15" pb and dell i6000) with optical, 2.5" drive, full pentium m ie not low-voltage crap, basically a full size laptop + touch-sensitive screen. swiveling isn't really a big deal to me since i honestly wouldnt need to use it on the run or anything--just at my desk or on my lap lol. i guess i'd just like it if someone would make a real laptop with a tabletish screen. oh, and high-res screen, wsxga+ or wuxga. :)

What you want does nearly exist. The Toshiba Tecra M4 is a 1400 x 1050 SXGA, 14" tablet, with full keyboard, DVD+/-RW double layer, fast Pentium processor, dedicated graphics card, 2.5" hard drive, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.