What would make me more likely to buy more from iTunes store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Howard Brazee, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I would be more likely to buy from iTunes store:

1. Songs from bad albums.
    2. Songs that included lyrics and more information. (Make this optional)
    3. Songs in 5.1 surround sound. As long as I hear normal stereo using headphones, I would like to play better on my stereo or computer.
    4. Harder to find music.
    5. Create virtual albums. Maybe on the fly, using smart criteria, but more definitely by experts making compilations that don't quite make it to record albums.
    6. Better than CD quality sound.
    7. Get us to use its database more - for instance, with a lyric search, once we find the song we're looking for, if we're already connected, buying is easy.

2. Mr. Amiga500 macrumors regular

Mr. Amiga500

Is there such a thing? If there is, then it would have to be sold with lossless compression and would be one hell of a huge file. Still, you don't need to load this file on the iPod. You can make a smaller ACC version for the iPod and leave the lossless for hi-fi playback or backup.

I would buy from the iTunes store only if:

1. Files were sold CD-quality lossless with absolutely no DRM or playback limitations

2. iTunes actually sold music I was interested in (I like obscure baroque recordings) and in huge quantities

3. Music can be sampled in its entirety (low quality) before purchase

I would definitely buy tons of music from the iTunes store if this was the case. I'd probably spend all day on the iTunes store browsing. I also wouldn't have to worry about the horrible "click-pop" defects in 15% of tracks when ripping compact discs. (strange... when you play the disc in a player there is no defect, but when you try to rip it there is a massive flaw :confused:)

As it is, I haven't bought a single thing from the iTunes store.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They already have 'em, you can create an iMix easy-peasily :)

At least on the UK store, its on the left hand side of the 'home' page...

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

The database search would be nice. That way when you hear part of a song that you like you can you iTunes to find the song and then buy it all in one step. What with being the company of "it just works" I'm kind of surprised Apple hasn't done this already.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Oh, I'm pretty sure there's at least one person who thinks any given album sucks.
    Well, if you can PearLyrics, you can get lyrics for just about any song
    I don't think 5.1 is better simply because it has more channels. If you want to be surrounded by music, just hook up some speakers to go behind you.
    Like the iTunes essentials?
    Woo, 100MB for a 3 minute song!
    Now that would be handy :D
    My condolences. :p

6. Howard Brazee thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Googling... It appears that there used to be a Web application for this, but it was taken down. My wife has a Mac, I probably won't have enough saved up for mine until early next year, so the Widget won't help me yet.

7. richkent72 macrumors regular

I'd buy if Apple sent me a backup CD of my purchase :D After all, if I buy a CD and copy it onto iTunes I get the benefit of both formats!

Better than CD quality=vinyl :p

8. Howard Brazee thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

How much does a blank CD cost?

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't almost all music recorded in stereo...?:confused:

10. Howard Brazee thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

At one time almost all music was released in mono. Lots of songs (Beatles), have been re-mastered, especially if they had been recorded with multiple tracks.

The trick isn't for iTunes to approach the current state-of-the-art, the trick is to lead the industry.