what would u like to see in the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dudeofblokes, Mar 23, 2008.

1. dudeofblokes macrumors regular

carrickfergus, northern ireland, united kingdom
    ok by now its safe to assume that everyone is sick of hearing about 3g and mms, but what other features would you like to see, no matter how small list it.

personally i think wallpapers should be applied to more than just the locked screen and phone call, we should be able to make them there behind our icons, also id like a service light to notify us of missed calls and texts, they dont eat battery power an would help having to light up the phone just to check

2. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

frak

i never even noticed it doesnt have one

3. bigaug macrumors newbie

Me either. I would say that I'm kind of disappointed now, but being that I never noticed, I guess I don't really need it.

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

5. fedup flyer macrumors regular

A loud ringer that sounds like a bloody phone. Not stupid ringtones. I want to be able to hear the phone ring if I am upstairs and the phone is down stairs. My Krzr can do it....come on Apple.

6. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

what????

7. 1Zach1 macrumors 6502a

1Zach1

-An easy way to tether, I know it's against AT&T policy but they can change that or let me pay $5 more a month for it.
    -Access to the hard drive so I can put files on my IPhone and be able to put them on the net from there.
    -WAAS GPS that can use triangulation indoors for better signal. Yeah I know it would kill the battery life but it would be cool.
    -Something like Summerboard without having to hack the IPhone.
    -Yeah yeah and 3g as well

I'm sure there is other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head right now.

8. richimages macrumors regular

- video
    - phone alpha-numeric smart filter thru your contacts ( like windows mobile 5)
    - volume control for all the alarms and notifications
    - clock alarm snooze interval
    - cut-n-paste

- selective/individual deleting for individual phone call history instead of all-or-nothing

- voice recording for notes

- way to save mp3's/other from web-surfing directly into your iTunes Library

- recording ability of road trips ... (i.e. turn on tracking ... go on a trip ... and print out mapped routes taken business trips for tax deductable milage logs)

- selective/individual partial conversation deletion instead of all-or-nothing clearing of text converstaions ...

- mms texting to those without iPhones

- have the screen lock/unlock serve as a hang up for current phone calls ... I'm naturally hitting the home button ( as do others I talk with on their iPhones) to end a phone call ... only to discover later that we're both still connected ... to hit the red "End Call" button still seems a bit unnatural right now into my 3rd week of usage.

9. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

If they include video recording I hope there is a way to disable it in the settings, it's annoying enough when a friend grabs the iPhone and the next time I look there are 5 new pictures in my camera roll, including the one that is now my wallpaper of them either flicking me off or giving me a thumbs up... Since I have no need for video recording I may as well avoid having it take up my precious space ;)

The one thing I want is the SDK and some sweet games, since that's on the way... copy and paste I suppose.

10. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The ability to customize the icons or the actual layout of the black-pages. I WANT LCARS!!!

TEG

11. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

lol

im watching star trek the next generation as i read this, i was thinking that the screen and functions are very lcars

12. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Some more advanced PDA functions, video recording and better speakerphone

13. SuperBrown macrumors member

I'm probably asking for way too much, but...

I don't have an iPhone. Not yet, at least. But everyone I know and their mother does, so my purchasing one is, of course, inevitable. I'd like to see:

-Video Camera. Possibly second camera (iSight) in the front side for iChat AV. Yeah, I know this sounds like crazy talk, but a guy can dream, right?

-Better speakerphone. I've talked on a friend's iPhone thru its speakerphone and I was not impressed.

-I heard iPhone doesn't have just a regular phone ring. I hate ringtones.

-More widgets. It'd be great to get more of the standard widgets you get with OS X (Converter, Translator, Dictionary). Also, I use Piano Chords and Guitar Chords widgets a lot. It'd be great to have them on the go. A tuner and metronome wouldn't hurt either.

-Games, games, games. Sudoku, Minesweeper, Solitaire, Texas Hold 'Em. Nothing terribly complex, just some good time killers. No web apps games, either. I'm talking games you can play while untethered to the net. Say for example you're on a plane and want to kill some time without killing everyone...

-Ability to sync notes with a computer. I heard you can't do this either. I sync my grocery list to my 3G iPod. It's good times.

-iWork Mobile with similar features to Microsuck Office Mobile, or some sort of mobile office suite.

-iLife Mobile. Not talking anything crazy, just the ability to do simple edits to clips, pics and sound bits.

Say you have a minute long video clip, but only want the last 10 seconds of it. iMovie Mobile lets you trim the front back, or even middle of the clip. Maybe even add a soundtrack and titles to it.

Next you have some pics you'd like to show people, but want to show them in b&w or sepia. iPhoto Mobile lets you do this, plus crop and possibly add text to the photos.

Some of you have probably seen iBand on youtube. This made me think the possibilities are truly endless. Say you have a tune in your head. Garageband Mobile lets you lay down a simple software instrument track, then add a vocal track using the iPhone's mic. Yeah, you're not gonna get anything professional, but one could at least create and mix some rough tracks that could later be opened and refined in Garageband. As a wannabe musician, this would be sweeeeet!

Lastly, say you want to put some pics, clips, or sound bits up on a .Mac Web Gallery for the world to see & hear. iWeb Mobile could help you do just that. Or perhaps add a new page to your existing site or update your .Mac blog. I know while traveling or road tripping it can be fun to keep friends and family up to date. This would be a great way to do just that.

-Sync/Backup/File Transer from iPhone to .Mac (or vice versa) would be rad as well. Yes, rad.

-GPS and a dock for your car.

-3G of course.

-Most of the stuff richimages mentioned. That seems way more realistic than all the nonsense I just mentioned.

Word.

14. Matth3w macrumors regular

Besides the ridiculously low ring/alert volume, I would like to see a longer vibrate. If you have it in the holster and get a text, good luck feeling that wimpy little vibrate that lasts .1 second. All they would need to do is change it so it vibrates for a second instead of a tenth of one.

15. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Some thing that no phone (in my recollection) has ever had.

The ability to send a full contact information to another iPhone user who is standing only feet away via Bluetooth.

Not via email, not via IM, but a one-tap process to 'beam' a contact info (or anything, picture, song, whatever) to someone else in a reasonable range.

My old, old Palm Pilot (remember those) used to have that functionality, I remember sending contact information to friends sitting across a table via IR.

It's already got Bluetooth, so the framework is there. I'm hoping that someone will write an Application to do that once the SDK is out.

Cheers.

16. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Well you can Jailbreak and make it like a PADD, but I want an official version so I don't have to Jailbork my iPhone.

TEG

17. viqas macrumors member

18. dudeofblokes thread starter macrumors regular

???

hasnt this been around for a long time? quite a few nokias ive had could do this most recently the e51