What would you add/change/remove to iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by yeah, Nov 13, 2011.

1. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

If you had the option to change/remove/or add ANYTHING into iOS 5, what would it be?

2. JrJ 15 macrumors member

3. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Completely redo the ancient maps program (lose google for all I care, they're pretty useless these days) and add turn by turn directions....Siri needs to be able to say more than witty replies to movie related questions!

Allow Siri to read all of your alerts, not just txt messages....why can't she read emails?? Or facebook replies? I ask to read email and she says, I'm sorry I can't read emails! She understands the request and just blatantly denies it for no good reason!

How about giving Siri the ability to delete items she has created??? Also, how about an edit command, like when she mistypes a word in a text message or email you should be able to say replace [missed word] with [correct word] instead of having to say the entire message again hoping it comes out right.

I really want to see more voice activation overall...if I could do most things on my phone without opening the screen (or even looking at it) that would be great.

Oh yeah, Siri also needs to be able to create and edit contacts info!

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

That you know of. There might be a reason that you are not privy to.

The Facebook app does not have Siri functionality built into it so that seams like a reasonable reason explanation.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Beta!

7. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes agree. Pointless.

8. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I don't expect it to be able to access facebook...but you can read the comment in the notifications bar! Which means the system has access to the info...how hard would it be to add a read last notification command...meaning literally, read the notification to me...no need to access an app.

9. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I would tweak the mail account settings to allow a separate signature per mail account. It is stupid that we can only have one signature for all the accounts.

10. APlotdevice, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I actually like how Newstand was implemented. I would even like to see more specialized folders, such as one for games and another for TV channel related apps. Though with the option to hide/disable them in settings.

Another change I would make is to have the multitasking bar [perhaps optionally] pop up as you pull the notification bar down. Reducing the need to press the home button on the iPhone or iPod touch.

11. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

The ability for developers to create widgets on the notification screen. Stocks and Weather are not enough.

12. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I have a feeling that feature will be added to iOS before too long.

13. BFG86 macrumors 6502

Add the arrows back to the bottom of the photo app (much quicker than swiping)

Add play/pause by tapping the screen for videos in the photo app back (now to pause you have to tap once to bring up the bottom bar and then tap the tiny play triangle in the bottom)

Add the ability to "open in" any file from safari like the mail app can do, right now it seems to be limited to pdf and other docs (seems silly that i can email myself an mp3 and open that in another app but can only preview media in safari)

Oh and this is just a silly observation. They have seperate music and video apps now yet you can play purchased videos from the music app

14. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I'm getting the kindle fire tomorrow. When seeing the demo of the swipe down to adjust some of the systems settings I would like that. Right now we have brightness & some other things from the "multitask" bar. I wouldn't minds a Bluetooth on/of or wifi on/off. Just a couple of more options like that. Doesn't bother me much to go into the settings. But if we could add these it would be a nice convenience. I believe this can be done in jailbreaking, but I want it on the stock os.

15. vaugha macrumors regular

Concur w/ this. Not enough indeed!

16. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

First, I would move the cancel button from multiple-recipient iMessange / MMS / SMS messages to the other side of the screen because it it too damn close to the "Plus" button that adds new recipients.

I can't tell you how many times I've composed a huge group message, only to delete the entire thing when I'm adding the 9th recipient to my message.

Second, I like Reminders, and have been using them with increasing frequency. I like how I can set alerts for a certain date and time, or for a certain place.

But, when I go to set an alert for a certain place, I only see two options: Current location as determined by GPS, or a location accessible via Contacts.

I hope in future updates, Apple lets you direct input an actual physical address and / or an intersection, or maybe even a more vague description like "Apple Store, Irvine."

17. britboyj macrumors 6502a

Notification Centre Widget API for developers.
    The ability to turn off Newsstand (don't mind it on iPad, but it's just sitting there on my iPhone)
    If I set my max alerts in notification centre at 1, I don't want to see 30 notifications on my lock screen. Carry over the limit.

18. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

I wish the notifications would come at the bottom instead of the top, Im always waiting for them to go way cuz I need to hit a button it's covering at the top.

19. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

You can actually dismiss the notification by swiping left on it.

20. csjcsj macrumors member

csjcsj

In the Music app, give a way to choose a simple list instead of the album cover view - for example, loading my no-longer-a-list playlists was excrutiatingly slow. I don't need the pictures - I want my lists back.

I want to be able to move apps like newsstand into a folder. Since most of the magazines and newspapers I read have their own apps, newsstand is taking a valuable space on my first app screen.

21. BrunoWill macrumors member

22. wizee macrumors member

wizee

Agree to that. No use for it.

23. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Newstand=can be hidden by restrictions

Power widget in notification center
    Better battery life :eek:
    better coverflow, because ios 5's sucks
    how long notification banners stay up
    Better.....

24. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I would like to hide newsstand on my phone. Don't really care for it there. Plus if it is just a folder I'd like to move my other mag apps & comic apps into it so it truly is a newsstand. This is on my iPad 2.

25. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Apple copied it from Android. lol