What would you buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by OlBlueHair, May 11, 2008.

1. OlBlueHair macrumors regular

I have a Circuit City credit of 279 bucks. I can't decide what to do with it, and would appreciate any suggestions. I already have:

appletv
    iphone
    mac pro octo with 1tb drive, and stock 320 drive, stock ram
    macbook w2 gig ram, not interested in upgrading hard drive
    eyetv 250 plus
    30'' Apple Cinema Display
    Wacom Tablet
    500 gig external drive
    portable 250 gig drive
    bose companion 3 speakers
    wii
    ps2
    garmin gps
    printer
    low end point and shoot digital camera

I don't want to spend the money on movies, as I can netflix them. I am interested in RAM for the mac pro 2008, but I'm not sure from their website which kind to order. I am not interested in Satellite radio. I am not interested in a slingbox. I may be interested in a digital SLR, of course adding money to the credit. I also am interested in a printer that could do 13x19 prints.

I also could get another 1TB drive for the mac pro...but that seems kind of boring. I am scanning their site and nothing is jumping out at me. Is there some kind of item that you would buy? I am looking to get one thing, as opposed to a bunch of games or accessories like blank dvds.

(please, this is not a bragging about my stuff thread, I really am looking for suggestions, thank you)

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

3. OlBlueHair thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, great suggestion, but I forgot to add that I have the 5G video iPod, 30 GB, and barely use it because I am always using the iPhone.

I was just now looking at ds lite vs psp...

4. OlBlueHair thread starter macrumors regular

If you get the time, would you have any suggestions as to a decent dslr that they sell? I see you have a D40 in your sig. I'm willing to add to the credit but I don't want to add hundreds over it.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I just recently got my D40, and am very pleased with it. I originally was thinking of a Rebel XT/XTi, but the Nikon felt a lot better in my smaller hands.

6. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

just wait until you need something. If you don't need a dSLR, don't get one. The credit doesn't have an expiry date, does it?

7. MacHipster macrumors 6502

I vote for the DS Lite. There are so many fantastic games for it. The PSP is amazing, but the outstanding games are few and far between.

8. mrwindup macrumors member

Why be selfish. Get some gift cards and pass them out to your friends and family.

9. OlBlueHair thread starter macrumors regular

All good comments, thanks.

I may get gift cards for people for later and hold on to them.

About the DSLR, I was thinking of a Rebel XT, because that is what I used at school, but I will look more closely at the Nikon...(which I could use for work and school)

About the DS Lite, I do think I would get that over a PSP...I had a PSP before and I really only played one game on it a lot. However the DS seems to offer things the Wii does not, where the PSP seems to mostly offer portable PSP game ports.

Thanks everybody...still not sure what to do.

10. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Send it to me! I really, really, need a PS3 to gl along with my new AppleTV and Panny Plasma! It would be a great investment, and I promise to appreciate it.

11. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

And... if you absolutely don't want to give it to me, I suppose you could invest in a high quality Universal Remote to control all of those other electronics you have.

12. OlBlueHair thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up getting a great deal on a 13x19 printer.

They had the Epson 1400 on clearance for 230, and it was the only one left so I got the display model which was 179. With the 2 year plan and a 50 pack of matte 13x19 paper, that took care of the credit.

It works great and the prints are pretty decent. The only thing I would've liked is a model with a roll ability, like the epson R1800/1900 but those are 550 brand new. I see these 1400's anywhere from 259-500 online, so I'm happy that I got a deal, and this will be great use for school, where I am in the graphic design program.

Thanks for your suggestions

13. usarcher macrumors newbie

14. OlBlueHair thread starter macrumors regular