Resolved What would you choose: ipad air or r mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FatPuppy, Feb 8, 2014.

?

What would you choose: ipad air or r mini

Poll closed Feb 28, 2014.
  1. iPad Air

33 vote(s)
    55.9%
  2. Retina Mini

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. None of them.

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. FatPuppy, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

If you would have to choose between these two devices, what would it be?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I tried a rMini because of the size an after owning full size iPad's I prefer the larger screen real estate.

3. MrXiro, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I voted Air but I have a rMini cause it was 160 cheaper. I do prefer the slightly smaller size for holding. But I miss the real estate of the Air I had.

4. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

You have the r mini, you prefer the r mini but yet you voted for the air, nice! Sabotage my poll:rolleyes:

5. rajpatel macrumors regular

I had a rmini for a month. It was great for everything except web browsing. I traded it for an air which has been perfect. I still miss the mini for ebooks, tv, movies, music. It was great. But I think if you can only have one, like most people.....the air is a better value and more versatile.

6. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I said mini, but that's because I already have an iPad 4. I use them interchangeably, mainly the mini when going out and 4 in the house. If I didn't have a 4 already I probably would have gotten an air.

7. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

I chose mini and it looks like I tied the poll. Anyway size is just right and it goes everywhere. It's perfect.....assuming you don't edit photos!

8. KattDaDon macrumors 6502

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Havent held the air but im holding the retina mini right now and i am in love. Might become my go to ipad

10. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I chose and choose the retina mini. For me it is the perfect compromise: just barely small enough to fit in my jacket pocket and go everywhere with me, while just barely big enough to comfortably read pdfs and such.

But just because it's perfect for me doesn't mean it's perfect for everyone else; for other people the Air is going to be the device to get. Neither one is objectively better than the other, they both have trade offs, and which one anyone prefers is going to depend both upon their personal preferences and how they want to use the device.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I would take the iPad air for sure. Its got a nice 9.7 inch screen and is still portable because of its lightness and thinness

----------

You haven't held the air? Don't you go to apple stores a few days after apple launches products just to see what you don't have? I do

12. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I am glad that someone finally shares my opinion.

13. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

No because i would have bought it. I have the 4 and didnt plan on upgrading until this year.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yeah but you still need to see it.

15. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Ive seen it but ive just kept away, i dont need to tempt myself haha.

16. Miguel760 macrumors member

My vote goes to the rMini. I had the air and liked it a lot but after a few days I realized I wanted a smaller tablet. I now own the the rMini and love it. Just my two cents.

17. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Yes because if it wasn't for the $100 difference ($160 for me) i would prefer the Air. You asked which WOULD I choose not "which one did you buy?".

18. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Well for $50 off at BB today, I would prefer the Rmini.

19. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

After a lot of time at various Apples stores, I did choose: rMini
    After a lot of air travel recently, I am really happy with the choice. Just a great size for travel. Nice for ebooks and movies too.

20. spookylight macrumors newbie

rMini

Got a retina mini as I found the air a touch unwieldy resting in bed, it would flop over etc and after trying films on the retina mini was impressed. I was worried about the smaller size.

It took me a while to adjust for safari, but now prefer it, even after having a quick go of the wife's ipad 4.

So, if you coming from the larger ipad size to a mini, give it some time to adjust to you.

Also, getting the retina mini allowed me to buy a Cellular 64gb version, and more memory space is becoming a necessity rather than luxury with the app sizes these days.

21. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I guess it would depend on its intended use. I use my iPad mini for reading books, I use my iPad 4 for web surfing and news, and I use my iPhone 5 for communication (email, SMS, chat, etc.).