What would you choose? Panasonic or LG?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by soulbird, Sep 16, 2009.

1. soulbird macrumors newbie

I'm getting a new lcd tv today and I'm really on the fence between the following two tvs:confused::confused::

Panasonic Viera, tc-l42u12, $749, 42'', 1080p,

LG, 42lh30, $699, 42'', 1080p

2. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

Well if your only looking at these two I would vote for the LG. The reason being because Panasonic is known for their plasma TV's not their LCD's and the Panasonic LCD's that I have seen werent that good. If i were you though i would look outside these 2 TV's , although I am sure you did, as my advise always when looking at TV's is get the best/biggest TV you can afford at the time. Usually that means going a little smaller but getting a better TV. When I bought my Panasonic, plasma, I initially wanted to go bigger than my last TV, a 42, but while shopping I realized i would have to sacrafice quality to get the size and I didn't want to do that.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

4. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What about Samsung.

I have one of those and I've been very happy with it.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i, too, would pick samsung.... but if i could only pick between those two... then LG

7. pengpai macrumors newbie

pengpai

a lg is on the wall of my living room
    it's great

8. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma in the living room and love it. However, when it came time to put something smaller in the bedroom I decided to go with LCD. After researching, reading reviews, and visiting multiple stores I actually ended up with a 42" Vizio. It's been great. So, I guess my advice is like some others have said before, maybe broaden your pool from just these two televisions.

That being said, if you have already done all of your research and these are your two final choices, then I would go with the Panasonic. LG is a good brand, but I've known people who have had problems and my experience with Panasonic has been great.

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

10. shivermetimbers macrumors 6502

LG is a decent Korean company. I bought one of their (LG) 36" TV's in Germany around 97. Its still works great! If I had a choice, I would roll with Samsang. They have have some nice stuff and another Korean company. My Blu-Ray is Samsung and its freaking nice!