What would you do? ATV2 that's JB'en/ ATV3/ ATV4 dilemma

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by thadoggfather, Sep 9, 2015.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Have apple tv 3 and apple tv 2 still jailbroken.

use apple tv 2 just for airplay, works perfect.

atv3 was always spotty with basic airplay music functionality always cutting out in the past. it fried this summer somehow from corrosion /liquid damage that i still cant explain.

held off on replacing waiting for atv4.

now i think i'd be better off getting a refurb atv3 from apple's site since it comes with 1 year and remote as opposed to genius bar out of warranty, i think its $49 and 90 days and i dunno where the remote is for this one.

i have atv2 on 5.3 jailbroken with remote and ac, it works perfect for music. xbox one i use for hbo go and netflix in 1080p, and atv4 just announced but not available until late october.

what would you do?

Might cut my loss on atv3, sell atv2, and get atv4 but not til its out. i dont want to be out airplay.
    might sell atv2, get atv3, and screw atv4 but im concerned i might still come across airplay cut outs which would be a deal breaker

2. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

update, ended up selling my apple tv 2 for $100, ready for apple tv 4 release. That apple tv2 man, perfect ROI. get all your money back after years of use.

going to skip replacing my fried apple tv3 :D