What would you do?? No Preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sp71Supra, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

This is my situation and I was wondering what some of you guys would do. I was one of the unlucky ones that could not get through the jammed apple servers on Tuesday. So no pre-order through Apple for me.

The Radioshack near me started pre-orders at 1.. I went there and was the 1st person there. The manager could not get a pin for me, it kept rejecting every time they tried. Although they could not get anyone a pin and I am on top of the "pencil list". They open at 10am on launch day.

So I figured I would head over to the new ATT store that just opened right down the road. When I get there I noticed it was not an "Corporate Store" although it sure looked like one. I get there around 1:15, walk in, the girl asks me for the phone number, 32gig, black, etc.. types it into the computer and says ok, your good to go, your phone will be here on the 24th. She told me they could not have the phone shipped to my house due to them not being a corporate store, it was in store pickup only. They also did not make me put any $$ down etc... which kinda made me leary.

After all the chaos that went on the rest of the day and all the stuff I read on here, on Wednesday I went back to ask some more questions. The same girl was there and I told her I wanted to confirm that I actually got an iphone or not and asked her if she actually submitted it to att's server and not just in MS word. She assured me my phone would be there. They also open at 10am.

I do not trust Radioshack or the ATT store that I went to. The guy at the shack was cool and said none of their pre-orders went through and I was on top of the list and if they get them he would call me 1st and let me know, but im not relying on that. As far as the ATT store is concerened I really do not know if I trust that they will get it... or get enough to fill all the pre-orders with me being bumped off the list.

So I am asking, do you think I should just show up around 5am at the att corporate store that I got all my other 3 iphones on launch day that about 30 min from my house.. wait in line like I did all the other times and get one or should I trust the non corporate att store at 10am? If they don't have one for me then im screwed they will be gone... The store is not that big but if I go there at 4:30 im pretty confident I will get the phone.

2. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

I would go a bit earlier but im sure you will be fine. I have always been nervous and arrived at 2am even if I have a reservation :p

Im sure you'll be fine arriving around fine

3. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Agreed. If in doubt, stand in line!

4. Sp71Supra thread starter macrumors regular

On Wednesday I think I am going to go to the ATT store that took my info for preorder and if the same girl is working there I am going to ask her one more time if she can 100% tell me if my iphone is actually there and that I have nothing to worry about. If she can actually check and confirm that without any issues then I will just go there at 10 and pick it up. If she cannot tell me or gives me some ******** answer without checking then im getting up early and waiting it out... looks like 50% rain here too :mad:

5. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

I know it's been a while but how'd it go, did you get your iPhone 4?