What would you do? Re: 15" UMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, Mar 8, 2009.

?

What would you do?

  1. Buy the 15" MBP now and send it to techrestore for a matte screen

    4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Wait it out 6-12 months, on the possibility that Apple will release a matte option for the 15"

    5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. darkus macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #1
    Ok so I need a new 15" MBP and I need a matte screen, so i've been on the sidelines obviously, but when I heard about the 17" MBP with matte option I was excited. Then I also found out about techrestore's matte screen replacement system ( http://techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18467&cat=0&page=1 ).

    So my question is this:

    Would you go ahead and get a 15" MBP now and send it to techrestore and matte screen it up

    OR

    Would you wait it out another 6-12 months on the hope that Apple may put out a matte option for the 15" MBP. This is an option because I would hate to send my computer to techrestore to get a new screen and then find that Apple releases a new official matte screen!

    Thanks!

    :apple:
     
  2. cathyy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2008
    #2
    Waiting for 6 - 12 months hoping for something, sounds like a great plan.
     
  3. Pika macrumors 68000

    Pika

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    Location:
    Japan
    #3
    Buy 15" UMBP now + install an anti-glare film yourself = Low cost.

    [​IMG]
     
  4. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #4
    Only reason I threw out the waiting option is that I figure the resale value of the MBP would plummet after my mod, which I dont care about that much unless Apple put out an official matte screen, making my modified laptop very unsellable
     
  5. Pika macrumors 68000

    Pika

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    Location:
    Japan
    #5
    Of course waiting is the best "future-proofing" strategy in computing industry but how long are you gonna wait?
     
  6. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

    drewsof07

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Location:
    Ohio
    #6
    i dont see the option "buy the previous version" that would be the best option if you need it right away. modding the screen will most likely void the warranty
     
  7. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #7
    I actually have the previous version right now (and LOVE it!) but I like the unibody MBP and want to upgrade because of the added durability of the new shell, as I use the coputer on the move ALOT and my current one is getting creaky
     

Share This Page