what would you do / recommend

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dcx3, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. dcx3 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2008
    #1
    I would like to upgrade form my current iBook - as it just doesnt seem to be cutting it as much as i would hope.

    I would like to buy the MBP - but not going to as I know a revision is in the works...but I dont want to buy the first revision as most first models have some kinks to work out. So I wanted to know what some options would be..

    1) wait, and somehow upgrade my ibooks power/ram?
    2) buy a $600 or so pc for the time being
    3).... your ideas?

    thanks.
     
  2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

    bmcgrath

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2006
    Location:
    London, United Kingdom
    #2
    If you need a new machine NOW then buy it now. If you can work away with your current ibook for a bit longer then keep at it.

    However, (I don't know your location) if you have a look at the refurb store on Apples website they're are some great deals on there. I noticed some bargains on the Ireland store where I am.
     
  3. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #3
    Wait til tomorrow; then buy a Macbook; get the base model and then buy and install 2GB/4GB RAM and a 250GB/320GB HDD.
     
  4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    #4
    Well I can tell you what NOT to do. Don't buy a $600 computer for the time being.
     
  5. dcx3 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2008
    #5
    why tomorrow?
     
  6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

    scotty96LSC

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #6
    Yea, that's a $600 band aid. Buy a computer that will server you for years or upgrade your iBook if possible.
     
  7. TSE macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    #7
    If you NEED a machine, then wait till the new generation MacBook Pros come out then buy the previous generation when it's on clearance and save some money.
     
  8. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Location:
    Poland
    #8
    This is very good advise. I did so and I'm fully satisfied with my purchase. The saved money I used for the purchase of memory, router and some software. Hope it helps.
     
  9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

    SchneiderMan

    Joined:
    May 25, 2008
    Location:
    Apple state
    #9
    lol because its a tuesday. and no new macbook sorry
     
  10. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2007
    Location:
    Hawaii!
  11. deltaiscain macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    #11
    buy a $600 pc, and hope the update comes quickly, so you can get one.
     
  12. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    Location:
    Poland
    #12
    I think that it does not make sense. It's better to buy a MBP. Current MBP's are very good machines and dcx3 will not regret the decision to purchase one.
     
  13. Denny Crane macrumors member

    Denny Crane

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2007
    Location:
    Alabama
    #13
    Get the MBP now if you need it. Best notebook I have ever used. I have the 15'' MBP and love it.
     

Share This Page