What would you do? Selling Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Network33, Feb 4, 2016.

?

Sell the 2012 15.4" retina Macbook Pro?

  1. Yes

    2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Hell no

    4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Network33 macrumors member

    Network33

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2013
    #1
    I'm selling my June 2012 15.4" Retina Macbook Pro base model 2.3GHz i7/8GB/256GB on ebay I've got an offer of $1000 + Shipping. Would you take the offer? it's would leave me with $957 I may counter $1050 would put me closer to $1000

    I'm a top rated seller and pay for a ebay store so I get a 20% discount on fees and USPS shipping. I've been trying to sell it on craigslist but hate dealing with the weirdo's and scam emails (could just be my area :).

    I've had the macbook for over 2 years, no applecare, only 170 battery cycles. I rarely play Steam games on it, and could live without playing games. Mostly need the retina display for Basic photo managing and editing for ebay. I don't see myself paying $2000+ for a newer 15" with dedicated GPU. I'd rather get a Steam Machine if I were to game

    My plan would be to go with a refurb 2015 12" Macbook 1.1Ghz 8GB/256GB for $1099 Now Or wait a month until after March 15th and see what Apple releases and use my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s until then.

    What would you do? Keep the Macbook pro until it dies or take the chance to move on to something new?

    Thanks for looking.
     
  2. nicovh macrumors 6502

    nicovh

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    Location:
    Nederland
    #2
    Since the retina Macbook Pro's are almost being updated, either in March or June, I'd wait until the updated rMBP is available.
    The new integrated Graphics, Intel Iris Pro 580, will be more than powerful enough for all your photo editing needs. So you won't have to go all out to get an option with a dGPU (if Apple still offers that option, since Iris Pro 580 is very powerful)
    In the redesign we can also expect overall minor improvements, longer battery life etc etc.

    So, if you can wait it out for a few more months, and then be able to sell it, then I'd go for that. But if you need a new laptop now, the golden rule applies:
    Buy a laptop when you need it
     

Share This Page