Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've always heard "what would you do with $1 Million dollars?", but what about if you were given exactly $47,221.09? :D ohhh and watch the attached picture..... that's why the Thread is called this!:):D

and in my case I would actually do:

$35,000 dollars on a 2010 BMW 3 series car or 1 series.

$10,000 for other such as paying off for college due to UC regents raising tuition prices to 32%.....:p

$2,200 to go to an Apple Store Shopping Spree!!!!!....:p

$remaning money....waste it on Taco Bell or Food...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-23 at 10.53.36 PM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-23 at 10.53.36 PM.png
    134 KB · Views: 359

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
Someone actually spent that much at one of the most bland restaurant in all of NY?

Well, in all fairness, $35,425 of the $36,641 before tax portion of the bill was for alcohol, so they really didn't spend that much on actual food (at least in comparison to the alcohol tab).

I'd probably use the $47k as a down payment for a house or possibly to pay for graduate school.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
That's a lot of booze :eek:

If I fell into that kind of money, I'd donate $5000 to my favorite charity (a summer camp that I volunteer with), keep $5000 to buy some toys with (a nice huge LED TV sounds like fun), put $5000 into my retirement savings, then pay off my line of credit (about $15,000) and pay down my mortgage (both of which will result in net savings in the future).

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
give a bunch to charity. I'm doing fine with the moolah I got.

But I might take a trip on the cheap to the orient.

XNine

macrumors 68040
I wouldn't spend it in a single ****ing restaurant I can tell you that much right now.

I'd pay off the rest of my debts, Buy a new car, and then I'd spend the rest on a weekend of hookers and coke.

...Did I just say that out loud?

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
i saw this story last month. Apparently that russian's rep said its not his bill and his bill was "only" around $2000. Whatever.

concerning that much money...I would probably spend $750 ish or so on one night at one of the nearby night clubs and then take the rest and put in the bank where I can then earn about $15ish/month in interest and I can put that towards my gas bills.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Few options

1. Put towards opening up my own freakin eatery. Where the bench seats are made out of towels so all the patrons can jsut wipe their hands on the seats! And we will serve BBQ sauce and honey mustard with every single dish.
Styles of cuisine include: italian, bbq stuff, cheesecakes, and tons of whiskeys. also a mashed potatoe bar and a sandwich bar.

2. Start my own photo studio.

3. Squander it on a bunch of inedible, but still awesome stuff: Custom huge trampoline for the park near my apartment, more lenses, a cell phone that can do stuff besides make calls and type texts, some fancy art for the walls, a new apartment.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
1. Put towards opening up my own freakin eatery. Where the bench seats are made out of towels so all the patrons can jsut wipe their hands on the seats! And we will serve BBQ sauce and honey mustard with every single dish.
Styles of cuisine include: italian, bbq stuff, cheesecakes, and tons of whiskeys. also a mashed potatoe bar and a sandwich bar.

Making the seats dirty would likely make my pants dirty at the end of the meal. Not a very well thought out plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.