What would YOU do with a second IPHONE????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tunazhamz, Sep 6, 2008.

1. tunazhamz macrumors newbie

I currently have a gen 1 iphone. I was very fortunate to be given another by a friend. He updated and got the Gen 2 and didnt have a need for the gen 1. (I apologize if this may seem like a dumb question.) What would you do if you got a second IPHONE? Both are 8g gen 1's. I have seen on ebay that gen 1 phones used are going for $300 or more (depending on how used it is). That is an option. I could use the money, but part of me wants to keep it, thinking I could use it for a back up if I drop or break my first one. Or I could jailbreak the one that is not in service and take advantage of the jailbroken apps. I dont know. That is why I am coming to You, Any thoughts? Oh yah, I dont want the new 3G phone. I am in a bad coverage area already for ATT. I know it would be bad for 3G. I cant afford paying more for this phone. So that option is out.
    Basically it is an IPOD TOUCH i guess. Thanks for your suggestions....

2. mcflirty99 macrumors member

sell it on ebay.com

buy new ipod touch

oh wait before you sell it unlock it

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

With the old iPhone, I had three of them, two 8GB and one 16GB. I kept them all, two were activated each with their own number and data plan. The third was really just to use to have some fun on like last.fm and stuff like that.

I now have two 3G phones and have sold all the old iPhones.

I use one as a phone in my pocket while the other stays plugged in in my car with 3G on and email and all other features on while I am working. They each also have different music on them. One has all my iTunes music purchases, the other iTunes music video purchases and other music downloaded from the net plus whatever new iTunes music I buy goes on this one since the other is full. Both are fully activated as well.

Good luck with your decision whatever you do!

4. archi17 macrumors regular

use one i each hand!
    Or sell it and both and buy a iPhone 3G. or sell one and buy the new iPod touch

5. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I would use it as for development, testing applications with the SDK so I could have one with the beta OS on it and keep the other default for regular use.

6. sibruk macrumors 6502a

I use my iPhone 3G as my primary iPhone now - it goes everywhere with me. However, I still find plenty of uses for my 1st Gen iPhone. It sits on my bedside table, in its dock.

I use it for checking my email from the comfort of bed - last thing at night and first thing in the morning. I use it as a handy reference tool, for when I'm reading late at night and need to look something up. If I think of something I need to do tomorrow, as I'm switching off late at night, I can put it straight into my To Do list and out of my head. I use it to play music in the bedroom. And one of its primary purposes is for watching TV if I don't feel like reading - I use Remote Buddy to control the bedroom TV and EyeTV WiFi streaming to watch something recorded earlier on the main TV downstairs.

I would say my old iPhone probably gets about as much use as my new one does!

7. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I would keep it and unlock it for use when I travel.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

9. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I'd sell it, or see if I can get a good deal trading it in for another phone in a second hand phone store...

10. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Use it as a remote for iTunes (works fantastically but a battery drainer so you are better off not putting this load on your phone) and use it as a WiFi device at home and Video/Audio iPod.

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

1. Spend less time using apps because they don't work on 2 phones
    2. Spend more time redialing because of more dropped calls
    3. Spend more time restoring in iTunes

:D:D:D

12. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

haha

^ winner

i am paranoid about dropping mine, thats why i kept my 1st gen

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Install grammar flash cards so I know when not to TYPE random caps.

14. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Use one for iphone for audio and the other for video ;)

8gb of audio
    8gb of video

15. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Jailbreak it, unlock it, and sell it locally!

16. dnguyen macrumors regular

Give it back to your friend or give to another friend?

Unless you really need the money, I wouldn't just sell it like that especially since your friend gave it to you.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I like that idea. Pass it on to another friend, share the love.;)

18. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

win.