What would you do? Yellow tinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandstrom, May 1, 2010.

1. sandstrom macrumors member

Have read some threads about the yellow tinge issue here and some members returning several MBP without getting rid of the problem.

I think my own is close to perfect except a small yellow tinge visible in the test pages.

Do you really think it's worth a return when you might get something worse back (pixel problems, uneven unibody, bad tablet etc.)

Please let me know what you have done if you have had any issues with your new MBP. :(

2. choco macrumors member

choco

well mine hasn't arrived yet but if it does have a problem, even a slight yellow tinge, i would return it since color is important for me (i do a lot of photography and design). i did not pay over 2 grand for a screen with yellow tinge. seriously. :mad:

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

It depends. Do you use your computer to sit there and stare at test images trying to find a faint yellow hue on your screen?

If you don't notice it in what you actually use the computer for, then why is it a problem? If it impacts your every day usage, however, you should exchange it.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

hahah so true. it's just like the people who complain about 3d mark scores, to which the reply is, "if the only game you play is 3dmark vantage, then yes, you should be worried."

5. iPunk macrumors member

I have a stuck pixel, I was upset but I realized I could live with it(I only notice it when searching for it.) I was going to send it for another but as mentioned I could get worse back. The question, can you live happily with it?

6. sandstrom thread starter macrumors member

think it will be a return

looked at the skin tone in some photos and it really bugs me. looks great in top half of the screen, but when i scroll to the lower half it looks awful. skin tones get really yellow.

7. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

on my refunded 27" iMac, black and white photos looked like sepia :D
    I already went through a total of 6 MacBook Pros without luck.. I have now ordered one online (a customized one), hoping that the problems are only present in the first batches.

8. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

That's a great game :D

Seriously, once you see a defect on the screen of your new expensive MBP it becomes apparent in practically every situation. Unfortunately you almost subconsciously keep looking for it. If it's not as good as the models on the Apple store floor then make 'em replace it.

9. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

You know I had a little yellow tinge, but after a couple of weeks, it went away.

10. ankst macrumors newbie

The yellow tinge also faded away on my 2010 MBP. Unfortunately, a dead/stuck pixel appeared shortly after.:mad:

11. cryer macrumors regular

Funny, this is my exact same problem and I did not notice this thread even after using Mroogle. Here's my situation: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=970004

You only get 14 days to swap out so if it's supposed to disappear in a couple weeks, you just don't know for sure.

ValSalva's point about comparing to display models in Apple store is good, I took pictures comparing side by side in that thread and it appears the Apple store one is better but, as the original poster says, what if the replacement is worse? That's the fear that is holding me back from it, especially if people have replaced multiple times. I went through this with the iMac and am not looking forward to it here. Just not sure if I'll get a better one next or not. Maybe, maybe not.. just not sure.

12. cryer macrumors regular

Actually..... does anyone remember the yellow tinge that people were seeing on their iPhone 4 screens? It was said that this was from a glue that hadn't dried yet. And after some time, the yellow went away as the glue started to dry. Is this the same case here with MBP screens? Can anyone confirm this?