What would you do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pokernut, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Pokernut macrumors member

To make a long story short, my new 15" MBP received water damage making the battery non-detectable and must be plugged into a power source in order for it to work. I brought it into the Apple store to replace the battery but apparently that's not the problem, the water messed with the connection of the battery to the computer. So if the computer is on and accidentally gets unplugged, it shuts down.

Anyways, my question is what to do with it now? I could use it primarily as a desktop but I already use a mac mini for that connected to dual monitors. And my wife has a 13' MBP. It would cost over $1000 to fix it, which was advised not to do so because the water damage might cause problems in the future.

Should I try and sell it? Someone might be interested in using it as a desktop or might try and fix it. Or just keep it and used it plugged in (which obv sucks)

What would you do?

2. Xil3 macrumors regular

I'd try and sell it, but explain the problem thoroughly.

I'm sure there are people out there that would try and fix it themselves - it just sounds like a connection issue between the battery and the computer, but who knows.

You'd obviously lose a lot of money though, since you won't be able to sell it for much.

3. mac8867 macrumors 6502

4. Pokernut thread starter macrumors member

Well I don't have a price at the moment, I'm going to put it on craigslist explaining the situation and see whats the most I can get.