What would you do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lamarak, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Well come to find out, we are getting much more on our taxes than anticipated and my wife giving me a early birthday/christmas present. I play alot of PC games, but also enjoy the mac. I use bootcamp quite a bit. I currently have a 2009 2.93 4 gig MBP right now with a 13 for school.

Its getting long in the tooth to keep up with current PC games in bootcamp. So my choices are to keep what I have for another year ( I do have apple care on this till Mar.29,2012) and buy my dream machine from Falcon Northwest. Or get a tricked out 2011 Macbook Pro.

Im not here to debate about the price of a desk top. I dont want to build my own, I have owned them before and they lasted along time. This would have blu ray, 570 nvidia, 3.03 quad core, something like that, 12 ram.. you get the picture.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Locodice macrumors regular

3. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

i say if gaming is key buy the falcon desktop and keep using your macbook pros.

4. lacoste-rocker macrumors regular

lacoste-rocker

My opinion is bias seeing is how I don't play games but I think you should go with the pro. Because it will keep it's value allot better and it will never let you down