What would you do?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eekcat, Apr 23, 2015.

  1. eekcat macrumors 6502a

    Apr 5, 2010
    I originally ordered both a 38mm/SG and a 42mm/SG, since I couldn't decide which size would be best for me.

    My 42mm shipped, and will arrive tomorrow. The 38mm is MIA, just like all other 38mm SG's.

    Problem is that I have a friend who said he'd take (at cost) whichever one I didn't pick (but would prefer the 42), and he's just as big a fanatic as I am, but wasn't able to get his preorder in on time.

    So since (after two try-ons) I haven't decided still, I don't know whether I should just hand over the 42 that arrives tomorrow and hope the 38 comes soon, or keep the 42, not knowing whether the 38 would've been better for me all along. Don't want to disappoint a friend either.

    What would you do?
  2. T5BRICK macrumors G3


    Aug 3, 2006
    After seeing them in the store, I realized that the 42mm watch really isn't that big and I'd probably go with it if I were buying one.
  3. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular


    Mar 13, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    If you're male, keep the 42mm.
    Female, go 38mm.
    They aren't exactly gender specific, but it definitely isn't in for men to wear a watch smaller than 40mm and plus the 42mm is actually much smaller than a typical 42mm watch since the watch is square as opposed to circular.
  4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

    Sep 27, 2008
    I would go try them on a third time at the Apple Store to make your final decision. No amount of discussion here will help you unless you can give us pics from your previous two try-on sessions.
  5. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

    Honey Badger

    Jul 14, 2011
    I would send the 42mm over to me. ;) Seriously though, if it were me and I were that indecisive after 2 try-ons, I would start wearing the 42 and see how I like it...then when the 38 comes, I would try that for a few days and see how I like it and then when I decide which is best, I would ask my friend if he still wants the other one and, if not because you used it, I would sell it on Ebay and you will probably still get it sold at cost because it is still early in the game. Hope that helps. But really, I would just send the 42 over to me. lol

    Edit: Forget the Ebay idea if you receive the 38 within 2 weeks of getting the 42 because you can just return the one you don't want to the store during the 2 week return period.
  6. CloudGarrett macrumors newbie

    Sep 20, 2014
    If I were you, I would take care to decide which you prefer first. I understand that you want to make your friend happy, but he/she is a friend and they will understand and appreciate your desire to make the right choice.

    Likely, the 38 that you ordered isn't far behind the 42 that you'll receive tomorrow. Try it out, be honest with yourself -- if you love it, then keep it and offer your friend the 38 and they may love it. If they. Do not, then no harm done and you can return it or sell elsewhere. No harm done.

    On the other hand, if you settle with yourself and hand them over the 42 by default, and that turns out to be your preference, then you're either stick with 38, or YOU end up being the one waiting to get a new 42mm after all the effort and anticipation you've put in for the first purchase.

    I know it's not always easy, but a good friend will truly understand your decision and will ultimately be happy for you regardless of what you choose.

    Ps. I'm on mobile so please forgive typos and misspellings/syntax

Share This Page