What would you do?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IBobby, Jun 20, 2007.

1. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

Hi all, Recently I had gotten laid off from Intuit and had been interviewing with a few companys around san diego and got offered a position as a network engineer at MIS cool company from starting ground up. The guy called me yesterday and told me to come in today at 9:00am He told me to report to the address he was going to email me, and all day yesterday I have been trying to call him and ask what is the address so I can map quest it. It is now Wed 7:30am and still no email and have no idea where i should be going. I have tried this man's cell over 1000000 times and no pickup a lot of voice mail's have been left and he still has not gotten back to me. What do you think? Im getting kind of frustrated im on my last 700 dollars here and rent is due in a few weeks and im sweating bullets.

2. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Forget him. Most of those startup types are bad news. Even if they were to be the next facebook, those guys in their infancy think they're too hot, don't know how to manage their business etc. When I was looking for a job, I got 2 calls from "startups" who were interested. Sounded cool over the phone or per email but never followed up with me.

Keep looking for a job. Use monster, etc.

In the meantime, if you got laid off, you're eligible for unemployment, which will help pay rent.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm sorry for your lay-off... I've been through one too, and I know how frustrating it is. :(

Do you have any external reason to believe that this startup is legitimate, and that you're actually likely to get paid by them?

I wouldn't spend more time hounding this person...I'd hedge my bets. :( Sorry.

4. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

Yeah the business is legit and I don't understand why he would do that Im so mad. But what can you do life goes on :D. Always have to look elswhere.