What would you do!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Just go my iphone two month ago? Now the Marketing Firm I work with just sign a deal with RIM, My job is offering to pay $50 dollars a month on our personal phone bill if we switch over to a Blackberry.

Oh and if I turn in my iphone i get a BB of my choice.
    What would you do? Keep the iphone or get a BB? What good Blackberries are out?:confused::eek:

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Keep the iPhone. Even after using it for two months you'll barf at a BlackBerry.

Seriously.:p

3. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I love my iPhone, I've had it over a year and wouldn't trade it for any phone... unless it was paid for.

I think if I was offered this, I would definitely switch over to the BB Storm.

But then again I'm a poor college student who unnecessarily pays the $75/month for an unnecessary phone, so free anything sounds great.

4. Doju macrumors 68000

I migrated from a BB Bold to an iPhone. I'm never going back to that device.

Perhaps it's because I'm an avid internet browsing, but browsing the web on a Blackberry is a painful experience. Some neat features on them, though, but nowhere near enough to beat out my iPhone.

5. SilentGreg macrumors member

Have you tried going to an AT&T store and playing with the Blackberry's? Or if you have to switch providers, go there and see what the Blackberry's are like.

I own an iPhone, it's okay. It's missing a few important features but I have adapted my phone habits to overcome the iPhone's few losses. I guess it really depends on what you will be doing with your BB that cannot be done on the iPhone.

6. ay98182 macrumors member

f**k man, we're in a global credit crisis, take the free phone plan.

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Save some money, Get the BB. Have someone adopt iPhone and if you decide against your choice to go BB, go back to iPhone, He'll be there, he'll always be there.

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I had a similar offer like yours, If i switched to ATT i would get 24% off my cell phone bill including other family members that were on my plan. So thats when i decided to switch from the BB to the Iphone.

9. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Get the BB. Save the money and buy an iPod Touch if you like the iPhone.

10. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

As stated earlier, try it and see what the BB is all about.

My personal opinion is this, you can get a device that you may be unhappy with just to save a few bucks but to me that's the same as settling. If you try the BB and don't like it or have any doubts, I'd stick with the iPhone. If it's like most big companies, and it's a company phone, much like I had with Lockheed, then it's paid for, if you still have to pay part of the bill, then I say use what you like.

Sure the BB has some features that the iPhone doesn't have, but it has one feature that I despise over all else.... THAT STUPID ROLL BALL! It's not even like a might mouse roll ball, it just rolls over all clickable surfaces and is annoying as all get out. You may get used to it, I might have gotten use to it, I told my company "Get me a BB that has a touch screen or no deal" and I kept my Treo until my iPhone.

If I have to pay some/part/or all of the bill, then damn if I'm gonna get a device I'll be happy with and can do more that just work on it. If they're flipping the bill, then tell them gimmi the BB but I'm keeping my iPhone. Sounds like your flipping some of the bill so keep/get the device that's gonna make your life easier both outside and at work and that you'll be happy with.

Don't get it to settle and save a few bucks.

Go to the ATT store or any cell phone store and check out the BB's and look at their website and see if anything catches your eye to try out. We can sit around and post "get this, get that" all day long but it's you that has to do the investigating as to what to get or keep.

11. tongteh macrumors 6502

lol.. love this comment.. :)

12. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

Title

I WOULD KEEP BOTH, BUT ARE YOU ME? THAT, MY CRICKETHOPPER, IS THE QUESTION.

13. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

If you get that 50$ off your phone bill if YOU buy the BlackBerry. go ahead buy the blackberry, and don't turn in your iPhone.(see what I'm saying? because that's what I got out of your first couple of statements) if you don't like the blackberry, return it to AT&T after the 14 Day period. but if that's not the case with you: then

get the blackberry for free(you have to turn in your iPhone for this don'tcha..sucks) if you don't like it. I'm sure they'll give you back the iPhone if you give them teh BlackBerry.

14. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

You can wait till the BB touch screen comes out.

15. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

16. barkomatic macrumors 68040

By *not* taking the Blackberry, you are essentially saying that keeping the iphone is worth an extra $600 per year. The iphone is fantastic, but $50 a month is a big enough savings to decidedly tip the decision in favor of the Blackberry for me.