Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackmanlovemac

Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Orlando , FL
Thanks Guys !!! But all these idea's makeing me go crazzy !!!

I this know I need a new mac my old powerbook G4 12" 1.33 is not happy these days.. But this is a classic I wish they made a 12" macbook pro

so you think

macbook 2.4 with 4GB of memory and the 128 SSD and 24" LED

is this the answer for my poor soul !!!!!!!

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
macbook 2.4 with the 128 SSD and 24" LED is okay but do you really need the SSD?

Also dont pay the "apple tax", dont buy ram from them.

blackmanlovemac

Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Orlando , FL
I want to buy the computer and have it ready as a I grow with it vs me adding later...

Who know I may not have the cash to get ram and a SSD drive later, so why not get it now... Quick ?? SSD is better the hard drive ???

plus macbook hard drive only speend at 5400 rpm

j5045096

Oct 27, 2007
the HDD is easier to replace than the RAM is on the new MBPro - not that either is brain surgery, but anyone buying one with the intention to upgrade probably should do RAM initially as it's less accessible.

blackmanlovemac

Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Orlando , FL
Listen to this, OP. Upgrade the RAM and HDD yourself. You will not void your warranty, it will take you 10 minutes, and you will save $hundreds.

I understand that its easy that not the point !!!!! If I buy Apple Care then I want everything to be cover, even the memory and hard drive ...

I really don't like taking apart things like this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.