What would you do...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hypmatize, Jul 14, 2009.

1. hypmatize macrumors regular

So I have an original iphone that is unlocked and being used on T-Mobile. As some of you heard T-Mobile will be releasing the MyTouch 3g (htc magic) in early August. I really like my iphone but the lack of 3g, mms, gps, push (not working 100%) is really starting to get to me. I like the openess of android even though you can do almost the same stuff will the iphone if you jailbreak it. It would be an easy decision if the MyTouch 3g had better hardware specs... I really like the 3d games and apps on the iphone helps kills time. I know the the android market has games/apps but since i don't have an android phone i really don't know how good they are... I know for sure the iphone games are better in the 3d arena but graphics aren't everything. So what would you do stick with the iphone and wait and see what android phones are coming out soon (looks like they are getting released in europe months before they are getting released in the US) or take the plunge and get the MyTouch 3g?

btw I hate the Tmo decided to name it that and not just keep the name the magic. Sorry if there are grammatical/spelling mistakes. I hope that made sense its kinda late and i am falling asleep as i am writing lol.

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

get the mytouch and sell your iphone. depending on how much you sell it for you could use some money to buy an ipod touch

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I have an iPhone 3GS and an Android Dev Phone (G1). Honestly, I prefer Android to the iPhone OS (which I have been using since version 1.x mind you). Its a little cumbersome at times, however the openness of it all is wonderful. Don't like the SMS app? Just install a new one. Don't like the Mail app? Install a new one. Notifications? Right on the top title bar, pull it down to see new emails, SMS, installed apps, etc. Desktop widgets are nice also, having a clean desktop with a few icons and a few widgets beats how the iPhone has pages upon pages of icons, and no 'desktop'.

Also with the inclusion of 3G, it should be a no brainer for you, get the Android phone. The Android marketplace has some good apps, but its obviously not up to par with the App Store yet.

Since AT&T's 3G band opearates on a different frequency than T-Mobile, I don't have 3G on my Android phone, but that doesn't bother me. My iPhone 3GS and 3G are sitting in a bag right now, and my G1 Android is in my pocket for the foreseeable future.

4. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Yeap I agree with the selling as well. Amazon/eBay can fetch pretty decent prices nowadays, so you may get a good deal on that.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sounds like selling your iPhone would be the way to go, however, I would wait until you read some reviews of the MyTouch 3G after its release before you jump ship.

6. lavinci macrumors 6502

I agree with the poster above. Wait and read some reviews and also get a chance to play with one in store before you make your decision.

7. hypmatize thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to wait until I can get my hands on it and test it out. Thanks uberamd for your insight since you have both an android phone and an iphone. I thought about getting an ipod touch but if I did I would get it when they are refreshed in the fall. The only problem is that I would have to carry around the magic and the ipod touch... I like having everything all in one.