What would you do...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sevimli, Jul 18, 2009.

1. sevimli macrumors 6502a

sevimli

I have an easy question. I asked it before but didn't get many comments.

I have 2 iphones in a family plan. I do have data service on my line and everything seems fine, whereas in wife's line, there is no data plan added, basically we are paying only for one data plan for two iphones.

My wife uses her phone at places she has free wifi all the time, so can we keep it this way as long as we want? Or will AT&T tell us "ohhh, sorry guys, we forgot the charge you for data plan XX months, here is the new bill" ?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?:confused::confused::confused:

2. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm pretty sure as soon as they know you are both using iphones you will have to purchase 2 data plans.

3. eshiku macrumors member

you don't have to do anything. if they find out then they will add the data plan for you, and i doubt they will charge you for the months that you didn't have the data plan

4. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

And even if they try to, you might be able to get off with telling them you just recently got the second iphone

5. Acronym macrumors 68000

I think thats a pile of crap if you purposelysigned up for one data plan and you are not going over your limit (provided it's not unlimited) then AT&T shouldn't be allowed to add a data plan.

Furthermore if you say bought an iPhone without a contract and then added a line to your plan I don't think AT&T should be allowed to add data plans at there discretion.

But mYbe I'm getting the wrong idea from these posts

***EDIT*** are you looking to get another data plan?

6. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

No when one buys and iPhone from AT&T you must sign an agreement stating that you acknowledge the fact that you must have an iPhone data plan on any line that has an iPhone. That give AT&T the 'right' to add the data plan if you don't let them know you are using an iPhone.

7. sevimli thread starter macrumors 6502a

sevimli

Thanks guys for the quick replies...

Let me clarified something here, I've never falsified AT&T or attended to it. I've placed my order online through the AT&T premier, two iPhones and cheapest family plan plus 2 "DATA PLAN"s. You can NOT do otherwise, online ordering system will not allow you to checked-out if you are missing data plans, etc.

BTW I am a new customer, I ported my existing numbers while in the activation process.

I used my employer's FAN account, AT&T just did not enrolled my account for the discounts even though my order confirmation, shopping basket were showing all eligible discount I supposed to get. This is a different story... :(