Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avocadory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
I was all excited to go out and buy a new 21.5" iMac this upcoming week when I remembered to check to see if any updates to the iMac would be made soon. In doing so, I came across a rumor that, reportedly, Apple is going to be releasing a 22'' touchscreen iMac in the second half of this year. What should I/would you do? Wait a few months to see if this rumor does indeed pan out, or just go ahead and pick up the current 21.5" iMac?

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
I was all excited to go out and buy a new 21.5" iMac this upcoming week when I remembered to check to see if any updates to the iMac would be made soon. In doing so, I came across a rumor that, reportedly, Apple is going to be releasing a 22'' touchscreen iMac in the second half of this year. What should I/would you do? Wait a few months to see if this rumor does indeed pan out, or just go ahead and pick up the current 21.5" iMac?

That depends on a lot of things. Firstly, that is a rumor, and a rather shaky one at that, so its unlikely to happen. Also, are you really prepared to wait 3-6 months based on something that could be true, but could also be absolute garbage?? Personally Id go get a 21.5" iMac as they are very very nice machines and will suit pretty much every home user for a few years at least :)

monkeyking87

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2010
If you are ready and set to go I would get the 21" iMac if I were you.

There will always be something else around the corner and if it is THAT good you could always sell your iMac to purchase another model....if it even exists!!:)

Just my humble opinion!

gazzamac

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2010
If you can afford to wait then do you really need to buy it at all ? You could miss an update and get the next one perhaps ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.