What would you guys ask Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,652
123
What plans do you have for Apple and its products over the next 10-15 years?

That should cover just about everything, I guess.
 

brendan67

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
64
0
firewire

hey

i'd ask if they were phasing out firewire like it seems they are

regards :(
 

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
4,376
2,447
around the world
Blue Velvet said:
What plans do you have for Apple and its products over the next 10-15 years?

That should cover just about everything, I guess.
I guess the answer would be: we are not talking about future products.
 

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
4,167
23
Lincoln,UK
more trial software would be cool - just playing around with motion 2 and shake trials very very good

might even buy some?

more offers for us faithfull users - free songs on iTunes would be nice

and free upgrades to Quicktime pro every year ! (once you bought it once that is)

live webcasts of apple events as they happen !

o and product roadmaps for the next 2 years would be nice lol
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,819
41
Andover, MA
I think I'd just ask them for a signed blank check.

That would pretty much cover everything else.
 

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
1,965
0
New York
How is the price for Apple installed RAM determined and was the conference room filled with robust laughter once it was announced?
 

Cfg5

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2003
203
0
California
It's unbelievable how much they charge for ram, I bet they make a ******** of money from lesser-knowing customers who add memory in their bto machines.
 

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
182
12
South Carolina
Where's my copy of iWork you're supposed to send me for lying to me repeatedly about Tiger arriving at my house on the release date?

Oh, and where's that 3 GHz G5??
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,106
73
Solon, OH
My questions would be as follows:

-Regarding QuickTime-

QuickTime seems to be spreading its influence into media-using areas besides computers. Do you expect this trend to continue, and what forms might it take?

-Regarding Mac OS X-

What is Mac OS X to you? Of course, it's an operating system, but I'm thinking more in terms of branding...if you continue on the current course, you'll eventually reach Mac OS X version 10.9. What will you do then - release version 10.10 or make the jump to version 11? If you opt for version 11, how significant would the changes have to be to make a version 11 designation worthwhile - on the same magnitude as, say, 10.3 to 10.4, or greater than that?
 

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
4,376
2,447
around the world
wrldwzrd89 said:
My questions would be as follows:

-Regarding QuickTime-

QuickTime seems to be spreading its influence into media-using areas besides computers. Do you expect this trend to continue, and what forms might it take?

-Regarding Mac OS X-

What is Mac OS X to you? Of course, it's an operating system, but I'm thinking more in terms of branding...if you continue on the current course, you'll eventually reach Mac OS X version 10.9. What will you do then - release version 10.10 or make the jump to version 11? If you opt for version 11, how significant would the changes have to be to make a version 11 designation worthwhile - on the same magnitude as, say, 10.3 to 10.4, or greater than that?
Hi,

thanks - those questions seem to make sense. I am not expecting an answer to the second one. But the first could be interesting.

Cheers
LaForge
 

Kernow

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2005
1,438
0
Kingston-Upon-Thames
CmdrLaForge said:
Blue Velvet said:
What plans do you have for Apple and its products over the next 10-15 years?

That should cover just about everything, I guess.
I guess the answer would be: we are not talking about future products.
Having just got back from a meeting with Apple where this question was asked - you're spot on LaForge! :D
 

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
765
170
Left Coast
i would really like to know how they plan on keeping OS X off of peecees when they switch to intel.

that and whats the deal with firewire.

thanks
 

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
4,376
2,447
around the world
Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback. To sum up - you like to know:
-"Why do you continue to make iPods with such delicate surfaces?"
-How do you keep OS X off of PCs when switch to intel.
-Whats the future of firewire.
-QuickTime seems to be spreading its influence into media-using areas besides computers. Do you expect this trend to continue, and what forms might it take?

I will let you know the answers. Will be in about 2-3 weeks.

Cheers
LaForge
 

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
4,376
2,447
around the world
wordmunger said:
So, does that cool new iPod Video come in black? ;)
I have to say the answer is YES. We already now that there is a black model. And it is called just iPod.

I will ask about Intel but don't expect any answer.

Cheers
LaForge
 

Status
Not open for further replies.