What would you have done if only one of the new phones was released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chazlawyer, Sep 18, 2014.

1. chazlawyer macrumors member

There's been a lot if discussion about which new model is better, though it really comes down to personal size preference (IMO). There's also been talk about whether or not Jobs would have allowed two phones to be released together.

With that said, would you have purchased the 6 Plus if that was the only option (no simultaneous release of the iPhone 6)? Would you have gone for the 6 if that was the only new phone announced (no 6 Plus released)?

2. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I ordered the 6 Plus. If that had not been released, I probably would have ordered the 6. I was pretty much already set to buy whatever phone they released regardless. Of course that was within reason, but I wanted a bigger screen than my 5s.

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The 6 plus is a bigger device than I think I would want. I ordered an iPhone 6, but if the 6 plus had been the only device released, I think I may have just kept with my iPhone 5 for the time being.

4. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

I got a 6 Plus, but would have also just bought a 6 if that was the only option.

Where it would have gotten tricky was if the early reports about the delayed 6 Plus being true. Originally I had heard both would be announced on 9/12 but only the 6 would come out 9/19, and the Plus would come (name not known when I heard this) out in November.

Then I would have had a serious debate….. Just get 6 or wait for Plus….?

Glad I didn't have to make that choice! TOMORROW NOW! :D

5. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Yes for the 6 Plus, no for the 6. I wanted to try a bigger phone and was going to try one of the androids or something.

6. leenak macrumors 68020

if only the 6 plus was released, I would've cried, kept my iphone 5 and considered ordering an iphone 5s.

7. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Since I ordered the 6, I'd be pretty much fine with them only releasing that. But if it were just the 6+, I'd have skipped buying a new phone until they came to their senses.

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I was 51/49 for the plus. Had the 6 been the only one out, I would have been fine with that.

9. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

This for me. Either a 5S or maybe even the HTC One (not the M8). Do not like how huge the 6+ is. Don't like the Note and I don't like the 6+ either.

10. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

I would have kept my iPhone 5. The 6 Plus is just too big for me personally; most reviewers seemed to favor the 6 as well, so I'm happy with my decision.

11. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I use my phone mainly for internet browsing and videos. I had been wanting a bigger screen for a while now but did not want to ditch iOS. If Apple had not released iPhone 6 Plus this year, I would have switched to either a Galaxy Note 4 or an LG G3.

12. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I would have ordered regardless but I would have wanted the 4.7".

13. chasgooses macrumors member

I would have purchased a 5S if the the 6+ were the only option. I understand its appeal, but I want a phone not a phablet.

14. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I got the 6+ but if only the 6 had been released I would have bought the note 4. I'm coming from a note 2 so I won't buy a phone with less than a 5.5" screen.

15. kovey macrumors 6502a

It's interesting how many people are willy nilly and just want what comes available first.

I wanted the 6 Plus regardless of when it was released. Luckily, it'll be delivered to my doorstep tomorrow, much sooner than I had expected to be released.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They released the 6+ to take advantage of the popularity of the phablet. Wise move on Apple's part to increase sales. Otherwise, they would have stuck with the 6.

17. nutmac macrumors 68040

I wavered back and forth between iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. In the end, I picked iPhone 6 because I value one handed operation and pocket ability more. But if I were to assign numbers, it's probably 75% iPhone 6 and 25% iPhone 6 Plus.

So I would actually be fine with either models. Now, if iPhone 6 Plus had much smaller bezel around top and bottom of the phone, it may become 50-50.

18. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Honestly I was planning on buying the 6 because I thought the 6 plus wasn't happening. There weren't that many leaks on it but when I saw they will be releasing it, I jumped on it. The 5.5" screen is heaven for me for what I used iPhone for.

19. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

There WILL BE iPhone 6 Plus backlash. Now let me stop you right there those who ordered one, its ok for you, but it won't be ok for everyone.

My wife ordered an iPhone 6 and went to AT&T and handled all the Android phones and came home and cancelled that order even. She thought 4.7" was too big and that 5.5" was just absurd. She's keeping her 5S.

I'm glad there is an option for both but there will definitely be some "OMG THIS PHONE IS HUGE" returns of the 6 Plus.

20. cornerexit macrumors 6502

If the 6+ was the only option I would have upgraded my 5 to 5s and called it a day. I have to stay on the 2 year cycle or these things would cost me money out of pocket.